The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: Lionbridge
Sepedi; Swahili; Tswana; Xhosa; Zulu; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Linguists, Lionbridge
|Job Location:||Tampere, Finland (Telecommute)|
|Title:||Computational Linguists and Linguists|
Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain their technology applications and Web content globally.
A key differentiator for Lionbridge is our global footprint, which enables us to deliver superior service to customers through local contacts and resources. We employ more than 4,200 specialists, including linguists, computational linguists, project managers, engineers, subject matter experts, content developers, application developers and quality assurance professionals, in 26 countries. We also work with a network of 85,000 independent multilingual workers including translators, interpreters, web raters and subject matter experts across more than 100 countries.
We are looking for Computational Linguists and Linguists, for our current and possible future projects.
- For Computational Linguists: Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computational Linguistics or Bachelor’s or Master’s in general linguistics and studies in Computational Linguistics
- For Linguists: Bachelor’s or Master’s in general linguistics
- Native language one of the following: Sesotho sa leboa, Setswana, Afrikaans, Zulu, Xhosa, and Swahili
- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Experience in Language Technology- either educational or work experience
- Experience in language tool development
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, XML, Regular Expression, etc.)
- Experience in annotation/corpus/dictionary/terminology work
- Experience in the field of phonetics and Speech engines development is a plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Possibility to work part-time or full-time from home on freelancer basis
Please send your application and CV to the application email address below, including information on your availability and hourly rate request.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email
click here to access email
This position has been filled.