The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Spanish; Translation: Assistant Professor, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Dept. of Languages and Culture Studies
|Job Location:||North Carolina, USA|
|Title:||Assistant Professor of Spanish|
The Department of Languages and Culture Studies at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Spanish, full-time, tenure-track specializing in translation studies to begin August 15, 2014.
- PhD in Spanish Translation Studies, Applied Linguistics/Linguistics, or related field.
- Candidate must demonstrate clear potential for scholarly excellence through a focused research agenda.
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English.
- Strong commitment to teaching and mentoring undergraduates and graduate students.
- Ability to teach and publish in non-literary translation studies, linguistics and related areas.
- Field in translation studies is open with particular interest in translation/linguistics informatics, digital scholarship, localization, corpora, terminology or related fields.
- Potential to attract extramural funding also desirable.
The successful candidate will support graduate and undergraduate programs in English/Spanish and Spanish/English translation studies in the Department of Languages and Culture Studies and have a strong commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds. Teaching duties include a 2/2 course load of graduate and undergraduate courses; service and publication are required.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a doctoral, research intensive university located in one of the nation’s fastest growing metropolitan areas. UNC Charlotte strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Therefore, we celebrate diversity that includes, but is not limited to, ability/disability, age, culture, ethnicity, gender, language, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status. AA/EOE employer: subject to criminal background check. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States.
All applicants must apply on-line at the application URL below. Please attach the following documents with your electronic submission:
- letter of application addressed to Dr. Concepción Godev,
- research statement,
- teaching statement, and a
- current and complete CV.
- Please indicate availability at ACTFL and/or MLA.
A photocopy of the graduate transcript and three original letters of recommendation must be mailed or emailed directly to Dr. Concepción Godev at the application address below.
Review of applications will begin on Nov. 1, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Dr. Concepción Godev
, Chair of the Spanish Search Committee
Department of Languages and Culture Studies
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte NC 28223
click here to access email
click here to access email