The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: Appen
Paraguayan Guaraní; Phonetics; Phonology: Linguist, Appen
|Job Location:||---------------- (Telecommute)|
|Title:||Linguist – Paraguayan Guaraní|
|Language Specialty:||Guaraní, Paraguayan|
Appen, a global language technology solutions and consulting firm.
Appen is looking for a Paraguayan Guaraní Linguist whose main duties include developing a language profile on Paraguayan Guaraní, checking phonemic transcriptions of Paraguayan Guaraní words, doing small amounts of translation, advising on Paraguayan Guaraní spelling conventions, and providing relevant linguistic expertise.
- Location: Remote, Global
- Hours: Requires a commitment of approximately 10 hours per week, depending on the tasks required. Please note that the work may be sporadic at times but we will do our best to give you fair warning of any changes to the workflow and timelines.
- Length of assignment: We have positions open immediately, and expect work to be ongoing for the next 6-12 months.
- Must have a background in linguistics and a familiarity with the language, at the level of a fluent native speaker.
- Specific linguistic background in at least one of the following: Phonetics and phonology (candidates should be familiar with IPA); Paraguayan Guaraní language variation; Paraguayan Guaraní spelling conventions.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to read and write Paraguayan Guaraní.
- Must be able to type the Paraguayan Guaraní alphabet into Firefox web browsers.
- Must be able to make decisions on spelling (with the assistance of another linguist).
- Must have good typing and computer skills.
Required System and Software Access:
- Must have a reliable Internet connection, and access to a computer with the latest versions of Firefox, Java and Flash Player.
- Must have access to Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have a Skrill (previously known as Moneybookers) or Paypal account for payments.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email