The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: Scuola Normale Superiore
Phonetics: Post Doc, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy
Scuola Normale Superiore
Laboratorio di Linguistica
|Job Location:||Pisa, Italy|
|Title:||Assegno di ricerca / Research fellowship|
Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa announces a selection for a research contract on the following project: “Acoustic and articulatory analyses of speech data”. The goal is to investigate phonetic aspects of various languages, including different Italian varieties. The focus will be on experimental validation via acoustic and articulatory analysis, based on sound phonological reasoning.
The candidate must participate in the design of experiments, run the experimental procedure, perform data analysis, evaluate the results and contribute in writing the relevant paper, in close collaboration with the staff of Laboratorio di Linguistica of Scuola Normale Superiore on projects therein developed in the areas of “Speech perception and production” and “Prosody and phonotactics”
Duration of contracts: 2 years (estimated starting: June 2014)
Gross annual compensation inclusive of all taxes: € 25.000,00
Net monthly compensation: € 1.581,00
The application must be received by April 8th 2014
Candidates may read the official announcement at: LINK.
Eligible candidates must have completed a PhD in Linguistics or Phonetics (or related disciplines), or must have obtained it by the effective date of the contract and not later than May 31st 2014.
Candidates with the following kind of scientific experience will be especially welcome for this selection:
- knowledge in techniques of experimental statistics and in psycholinguistic methods;
- documented experience with at least one of the following experimental facilities: electropalatograph, glottograph, UTI-ecograph.
Initial knowledge of Italian is not required.
How to apply
Candidates must submit:
- the application, based on the attached model, written on paper with original signature;
- the photocopy (non-authenticated) of a valid identification document;
- a signed and up-dated curriculum vitae containing a detailed description of the educational career and professional experience;
- a signed list of all publications with the exact web-address, or alternatively a CD containing the relevant files of all documents. If the publications are in English, French, German, or Spanish, they can be presented in the original; otherwise, they must be accompanied by a translation in one of the above languages, with authenticated translation;
- a signed list of the aforementioned documents, qualifications, publications.
- possibly, reference letters of experts in the field, to be enclosed in the same envelope containing the application.
To submit the application, candidates can use one of the following options:
- deliver it at “Ufficio Protocollo” [Documents Registry Office] of Scuola Normale Superiore at the application address below;
- send it to the application address. Please write on the envelope “Bando n. 99 – research position on “Acoustic and articulatory analyses of speech data”. The application must reach the Documents Registry Office by the deadline; the postmark applied by the original post office will not be considered;
- send it by electronic mail through an Italian certified electronic mail address (PEC - Posta Elettronica Certificata) to the application email below. Instructions available at: PEC or PEC-ENGLISH.
No other delivery method will be accepted.
Administrative information may be requested from V. Senesi ( (0039) 050/509549 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or P. Guarguaglini ((0039) 050/509723 – email: email@example.com).
Informal inquiries can be addressed to Prof. P.M. Bertinetto firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. C. Celata email@example.com.
Ufficio Protocollo of Scuola Normale Superiore
Via del Castelletto 11
click here to access email
click here to access email