Job Announcement: Appen Inc.
French; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Linguist, Appen Inc., Seattle, Washington, USA
|Job Location:||Seattle, Washington, USA|
Appen is seeking a French linguist to help with the development of natural language understanding and dialoguing technology. The ideal candidate is a native speaker of French (France) with a strong background in Linguistics and has knowledge of other languages in the following language list: Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese. Experience in programming and/or script writing preferred.
Applicants Must Be Located in the Seattle, Washington area to be considered.
Location: Onsite at Microsoft campus in Bellevue, Washington (Temporary relocation and accommodations are available during the duration of project assignment)
Hours: Average time commitment will be 40 hours per week
Length: mid May to mid June with possibility of extension
- Main responsibilities include supporting the development and globalizability of the client’s technology for a personal assistant application
- B.A. degree or higher in Linguistics, or related field
- Native or near-native knowledge of French (France)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Knowledge of at least two other languages in the following language list desired: Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese
- Solid knowledge in syntax and morphology
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills and greater than average comfort with software and technology are expected.
- Experience in programming and/or script writing strongly preferred
- You will be required to sign a legally binding non-disclosure agreement at the time of contract negotiation
- We offer a competitive, hourly pay rate DOE (to be paid as 1099 self-employment income)
Apply directly at the application website below.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email