Job Announcement: University of Aizu
English; TESOL: Assistant/Associate Professor, University of Aizu, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima, Japan
University of Aizu
Center for Language Research
|Job Location:||Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima, Japan|
|Rank or Title:||
The University of Aizu is now accepting applications for a tenure-track appointment for the Associate or Senior Associate level, based on candidate qualifications. Following a probationary period of 3 years, tenure may be granted (based on a clear evaluative process) until the mandatory retirement age of 65 (as defined by Japanese labour law).
Starting Date: April 1, 2013 (or as soon thereafter as possible)
- Doctorate in hand (or proof of imminent completion)
- Commitment to, and experience in, teaching English relevant to university students who are studying in computer science and engineering
- Scholarly publications and professional experience
- International experience (preferable to have lived, studied, or worked outside one’s native country)
Our center has a need for applicants with:
- Training and experience in assessment of language proficiency
- Experience with computer-assisted language learning (including unix/linux server maintenance)
Although our primary consideration will be the selection of a candidate from those with strengths in language teaching.
- Teach 4-5 courses per semester (including a thesis writing course; one course meets for 90 minutes each week)
- Develop instruction
- Serve on committees
- Conduct and publish research
Highly competitive, and based on university’s established salary scale.
- Subsidized furnished housing in faculty apartments
- Large, well-equipped private office in modern building
- New-employee allowance for computer and research equipment
- Well-equipped, high-tech classrooms
- Annual budget for research, business travel, academic memberships, etc.
- Consulting and other business activities permitted
- Winter utilities allowance
- Full-time employment with retirement and health benefits
- Transportation costs to Aizuwakamatsu
- Only two and a half hours from Tokyo by train
For additional information, please see the application URL below.
- Cover letter (in English)
- CV (in English)
- Copies of two representative publications (in English)
- Name, affiliation, and contact information (including email) for three people who will recommend you
- Photocopies of university diplomas (with English translations if not originally in English)
- URLs of any online work or educational materials (in English)
All documents should be sent (digitally) to Professor Yuko Kensen at email@example.com. Please use the subject line "Attention: CLR Faculty Selection Committee."
click here to access email
click here to access email