Job Announcement: Monterey Institute of International Studies
Applied Linguistics; TESOL: Assistant Professor, Monterey Institute of International Studies, California, USA
Monterey Institute of International Studies
Graduate School of TILE
|Job Location:||California, USA|
|Rank or Title:||
Assistant Professor of Applied Linguistics/TESOL
The Monterey Institute of International Studies, a graduate school of Middlebury
College, located in Monterey, California is seeking applications for an Assistant
Professor of Applied Linguistics/TESOL. The position is a regular, full-time
position, teaching approximately 10 contact hours per week in an MA-level
teacher training program. The program prepares both teachers of English as a
second language (TESOL) and teachers of foreign languages (TFL).
- Demonstrated expertise in applied linguistics, including pedagogy and
curriculum, applied linguistic research, sociolinguistics and SLA is required.
- The ideal candidate will have familiarity with various types of linguistic
research, including qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method designs.
- He/She will also have a strong research agenda and a proven record of
teaching excellence as demonstrated in supervisor and peer observations,
student evaluations, original materials, etc.
- We seek someone who collaborates effectively as a team member and has
the ability to work with graduate students from varied linguistic, educational, and
- Experience in teacher training/teacher supervision, and/or experience in
teaching graduate courses for TESOL and Foreign Language (FL) teachers is
- Experience in teaching various graduate level courses in applied linguistics is
preferred, including pedagogy and curriculum courses, linguistic research
courses, sociolinguistics and SLA EdD or PhD in Applied Linguistics or TESOL
For more details and to apply please see the application URL below.
click here to access email