Job Announcement: Appen Butler Hill
French; English; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Web Search Evaluators, Appen Butler Hill
Appen Butler Hill
|Job Location:||---------------- (Telecommute)|
|Rank or Title:||
Web Search Evaluators
Web Search Evaluators- French Canadian
Be part of a global team to evaluate and improve search engine results for
some of the world's top internet search engine companies!
Do you have experience with Web based Marketing or Development;
developing web pages, SEO, SMO, Technical IP Support, Internet based
research and analytics or Library Science? OR are you tech savy and love to
do research on the internet – exploring, learning and staying informed?
This is a professional level position for individuals whom work well
independently and are self-motivated, yet prefer the convenience of virtual
Web Search Evaluators work on interesting projects that are geared to
improve search engine results
- The work generally includes reviewing and evaluating internet search
results based on specific instructions.
- The evaluation work is typically done using online automated tools
- Hours – Vary by project. Some projects require at least 4 hours per day
(Monday-Friday) and others have the flexibility to choose the hours they wish
to work each day and some projects have set hours
- Projects require a commitment to work 20-22 hours per week.
- Task based work
- Projects are ongoing with possibility to be long-term
- Must first complete a rigorous qualification process that requires
successfully completing a review of training materials and a series of exams
(paid time if completed). The qualification process may involve up to 25-40
hours of commitment over 1-3 week period
- Consultants accepted onto a project will need to consistently meet service
levels measuring the accuracy of their work in order to remain on the project
- Immediate availability & Commitment
- Strong technical aptitude for solving technical/software issues
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to manage on average 20-22
hours per week
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent comprehension and written communication skills in English
- Internet and media savvy
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and follow instructions
- Attention to fine detail
- High level of social awareness
- Ability to think conceptually
- Ability to hand constant changes and request
- Prior experience work virtual preferred
Technical Equipment Requirements:
- Personal PC or laptop that runs Windows Vista or Windows 7. Please note:
netbook devices, ipads, smartphones, Windows XP, Apple O/S, including
Apple O/S running on virtual environments, and Mac running Windows; are
not compatible with our projects.
- Minimum screen resolution of 1280 X 768; desired resolution is 1280 X
- A high-speed internet connection (preferably unlimited usage; if limited,
download cap must not be less than 100 GB per month
To apply, please visit the application URL below.
Who We Are:
Appen Butler Hill is a language technology solutions and consulting firm,
recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise.
We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by
leveraging our expertise in over 50 languages and dialects. Our clients are
amongst the world's top internet search engine companies and we are
currently seeking internet-savvy freelance Web Search Evaluators.
Open until filled
click here to access email