Job Announcement: Yale University
Applied Linguistics: Testing and Assessment Specialist, Yale University, Connecticut, USA
Center for Language Study
|Job Location:||Connecticut, USA|
|Rank or Title:||
Testing and Assessment Specialist
|Linguistic Field(s):||Applied Linguistics|
Develops and implements standards for language testing across the
University. Consults with departments and pilots new testing
initiatives. Collaborates with peer institutions to identify the most
current and effective methods of assessment. Researches,
evaluates, and pilots new testing programs.
Collaborates with peer institutions to identify the most current and
effective methods of assessment. Researches, evaluates, and pilots
new testing programs, explains the philosophy behind new testing
initiatives to language faculty.
1. Conducts needs assessments across departments regarding
language testing. Develops assessment platforms that are flexible
and transportable across units. Initiates and sustains long-term
discussions across the University as a means to ensure language
testing remains state of the art.
2. Builds consensus among faculty around the need to align internal
measures of language proficiency with national proficiency
standards in order to gain a more objective measure of progress.
3. Collaborates with peer institutions regarding testing and
assessment needs; develops partnerships to share expertise about
assessment methodologies and technology solutions and develops
collective assessment instruments and solutions.
4. Develops competency standards that conform to national
5. Investigates new testing and assessment solutions. Negotiates
and coordinates pilot testing. Assesses and reports on results of pilot
6. Maintains and improves current testing instruments to ensure that
testing and assessments are effective and seamless parts of
language learning. Oversees quality control of testing and
7. Ensures that testing solutions work within the guidelines of
8. Remains current on the latest developments in testing and
assessment hardware and software.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in foreign language, TESOL, or applied linguistics or
closely related field. Two years of experience in language teaching
or assessment; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Apply online at the application URL below and search
for STARS requisition number 18977.
Open until filled
click here to access email