The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: National Taiwan University
Mandarin Chinese; General Linguistics; Teaching Chinese as a Second Language: Associate Professor/Full Professor, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
National Taiwan University
|Job Location:||Taipei, Taiwan|
Teaching Chinese as a Second Language
|Language Specialty:||Chinese, Mandarin|
The Graduate Program of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language at National Taiwan University invites applications for one to two faculty positions at the rank of Associate or Full Professor to begin in August 2013.
Applicants must hold a PhD in a related field, preferably in one of the following areas: Chinese Linguistics, Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, Chinese Society and Culture, or CSL-related area. Responsibilities will include teaching, research, thesis supervision, student advising, and committee services.
Applicants applying for professor level must have already been professor (or research fellow) for at least three years. Applicants applying for associate level must have already been associate professor (or associate research fellow) for at least two years.
The application package should include six copies of the following documents:
- CV (must include the applicant's phone number and e-mail address)
- A list of major publications
- Ph.D. diploma and graduate transcripts
- Evidence of work experience (if any)
- Representative works in foreign languages or Chinese published after August 2008 (each Chinese work must be accompanied by a 500-word abstract. Each English work must include a 5000-word summary)
- Additional supporting works published after August 2006.
- Planned future course syllabus and research projects (the description of each course or future research idea should not exceed two pages of A4 sheets). The format of course syllabus can be downloaded at http://homepage.ntu.edu.tw/~ntutcsl/
Application Deadline and General Information:
Appointment begins on August 1, 2013 or February 1, 2014. By March 15, 2013, interested applicants should send their application directly to the address below for initial screening.
Successful candidates will be asked to provide a substantial dossier and other credentials for further evaluation. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in Taipei.
, Job Announcements
Graduate Program of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language
National Taiwan University
1, Roosevelt Road, Sec. 4
click here to access email
Phone: 886-2-33661499 Fax: 886-2-33661530