The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: Google
English; Russian; Spanish; Computational Linguistics; Phonology; Semantics; Speech (ASR, TTS, NLP): Speech Linguistic Project Manager, Google, New York, USA
|Job Location:||New York, USA|
|Title:||Speech Linguistic Project Manager|
Speech Linguistic Project Manager
Transcription; Speech (ASR, TTS, NLP)
Job title: Speech Linguistic Project Manager
In Los Angeles: English, Mexican Spanish (preferably bilingual)
In NYC: Russian
As a Linguistic Project Manager and a native-level speaker of one of the target languages, you will oversee and manage all work related to achieving high data quality for speech projects in your own language.
You will be based in an office location as listed above, managing a team of Data Evaluators and working on a number of projects towards Speech research: ASR, TTS, and NLP.
- Managing and overseeing the work of your team
- Creating verbalisation rules, such as expanding URLs, email addresses, numbers
- Providing expertise on pronunciation and phonotactics
- Building and maintaining a database of speech recognition patterns
- Creating pronunciations for new lexicon entries, maintaining the lexicon
- Working with QA tools according to given guidelines and using in-house tools
- Native-level speaker of one of the target languages (with good command of the standard dialect) and fluent in English
- Keen ear for phonetic nuances and attention to detail; knowledge of the language’s phonology
- Must have attended elementary school in the country where the language is spoken
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills, previous experience in managing external resources
- Previous experience with speech/NLP-related projects a plus
- Advanced degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics preferred
- Also a plus: proficiency with HTML, XML, and some programming language
- Previous experience working in a Linux environment
- Contract position for 6-9 months (with potential for extension)
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with "Speech Linguistic Project Manager [language]" in the subject line to the application email address below.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email
click here to access email