Job Announcement: H5
Discourse Analysis; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Consultant, H5, California, USA
|Job Location:||California, USA|
|Rank or Title:||
H5 serves the needs of leading law firms and corporate clients, using powerful proprietary software to provide technology-assisted review and expert search consulting & research. H5’s document review and analytic services uniquely support our clients’ requirements for large-scale litigation, investigation, records retention, and regulatory compliance. H5’s "hybrid" approach to technology-assisted review combines patented information retrieval technology and expert professional services. Through this model, H5 has created a fully integrated document review system that is unparalleled in performance, as proven in independent, benchmarked studies. For more information, visit www.h5.com.
The H5 Professional Services Group includes linguists, lawyers, researchers, statisticians, e-discovery and data modeling experts and project managers. Our multidisciplinary teams use H5’s proprietary software and a well-defined process to build linguistic models that classify electronic data and support strategic search for documents that help our clients win. H5 is seeking candidates with backgrounds in linguistics (or related fields of textual corpus analysis), an affinity for developing novel search strategies, and a desire to collaborate with professional teams and sophisticated search technologies.
- Analyzing linguistic data;
- Researching large corpora for linguistic patterns;
- Creating search strategies based on linguistic patterns;
- Researching subject matter and factual issues in complex litigation;
- Rapidly developing an understanding of new subject matter;
- Reading a wide variety of documents, from e-mail to academic articles;
- Synthesizing large amounts of information from a variety of sources;
- Designing, building, and testing search models unique to each project.
- Understanding of syntax, semantics, and pragmatics, in written communication;
- Experience in corpus, text, or discourse analysis a plus;
- Experience in ethnography or anthropology can be helpful, particularly as it relates to an understanding of contextual cues in text-based communication;
- Leadership skills, personal incentive and a demonstrated ability to initiate, develop, and successfully conclude projects;
- A sharp eye for detail and precise thinking;
- The ability to make analytical judgments;
- A practiced sense of order and organization;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, both autonomously and collaboratively;
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, curiosity, creativity, and collaborative spirit;
- Strong computer and software competency in a PC/Windows environment, including Microsoft Office;
- Experience in a software development environment a plus.
- Solid academic credentials: advanced-undergraduate and/or graduate-level coursework in linguistics, textual corpus analysis, or related field;
- Experience applying linguistic and search expertise to real language data;
- Experience in a professional or business environment;
- Mastery of the English language.
H5 rewards personal excellence in the pursuit of our common goals and is extraordinarily respectful of the individual and of the creative, intellectual and cultural diversity of our team. Our culture has allowed us to attract and retain talented individuals who are driven by a vision of the way we will transform the practice of litigation and risk management.
H5 is an equal opportunity employer.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email