Job Announcement: Yale University
Applied Linguistics: Manager, Yale University, Connecticut, USA
|Job Location:||Connecticut, USA|
|Rank or Title:||
|Linguistic Field(s):||Applied Linguistics|
Language Technology and Research Specialist.
1. Under direction of the Associate Director, share expertise with staff, faculty, and students regarding foreign language study and technology-enhanced language learning. Provide strategic vision for integrating technology and language instruction across campus, including distance learning and online learning environments. Consult with faculty and graduate teaching fellows regarding language pedagogy and technology practices. Devise innovative strategies for instructional design and run workshops for faculty on new directions in technology-assisted learning.
2. Conduct research and analyze latest trends in technology-assisted language learning, shaping Yale’s evolving thinking about the new possibilities for online and technology mediated language learning environments. Collect and analyze data and compile reports for internal and external purposes, including grant reporting. Disseminate information through conference presentation and scholarly articles.
3. Conduct needs analysis across departments regarding distance learning, mobile and online technologies, open educational resources, and social media in teaching and learning. Collaborate with faculty to create new opportunities for teaching with technology.
4. Conduct research on the theory and practice of technology-assisted language learning. Stay abreast of the research nationally to shape the direction of online language learning within Yale and beyond.
5. Create and develop tools to publicize departmental activities and to build community, including the blog, Twitter feed, Facebook, and website. Conceptualize and implement changes to these tools to create a more dynamic presence for the CLS in the language learning community. Coordinate with peer institutions on sharing and disseminating information.
6. Remain current on the latest developments in technology-assisted learning by networking with language technology specialists at peer institutions. Contribute to knowledge about technology-assisted learning by attending conferences and by authoring scholarly articles and presenting at conferences.
Required Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in foreign language, TESOL, or applied linguistics or closely related field and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with faculty;
- Ability to integrate technology and language instruction;
- Ability to do research in technology-assisted language instruction;
- Familiarity with current methods in language teaching and second language acquisition theory;
- Proven ability working independently and as part of a team;
- Proven ability identifying and setting priorities with only a moderate amount of direct supervision.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
, Associate Dir, Center for Language Study
click here to access email