Job Announcement: Oracle
Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Lead Linguist QA Tester, Oracle, District of Columbia, USA
|Job Location:||District of Columbia, USA|
|Rank or Title:||
Lead Linguist QA Tester
Department: Oracle Language Technology
Location: Washington DC
The Oracle Language Technology (OLT) group develops language technology to support search and text analysis in a variety of Oracle products. The OLT Lexer software currently supports 35 languages, and will support at least 40 by 2014. The group has engineers to develop the software and computational linguists to develop the language dictionaries and other data needed to perform linguistic analysis on text.
Brief Posting Description:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Software Development Testing Lead
We are seeking a versatile individual who has experience in both text analysis technologies and software development testing to join our team developing multi-language natural language processing systems.
- Strong background in QA and software development testing
- Proficiency in C++, Java, and scripting languages
- Experience with natural language data extraction, data manipulation, exploratory statistics, and processing algorithms
- Knowledge of experimental design, including selection of samples, sample sizes, and correct models
- Familiarity with testing methodologies, such as gold-standard testing or task-based testing
- Knowledge of evaluation standards, including testing for statistical significance of results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Familiarity with search issues and algorithms
- Strong interest in the linguistic analysis of text
- Competence in one or more natural languages in addition to English
- QA testing
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with a team of computational linguists
- Supporting the development of a comprehensive NLP system
- Managing and creating comprehensive test programs and protocols
- Helping to maintain, release, and support the text analysis products
- Collecting, evaluating, and utilizing training corpora in developing language processors
Candidates must be currently residing in the US and open to relocating to Washington DC. No remote opportunities available.
Open until filled
click here to access email
, Sr. Corporate Recruiter
click here to access email