Job Announcement: Appen Butler Hill
Multiple Languages; Discourse Analysis; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Consultant, Appen Butler Hill
Appen Butler Hill
|Job Location:||Washington, USA (Telecommute)|
|Rank or Title:||
Appen Butler Hill is seeking expert linguists who are native speakers of Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Chinese or Turkish to help improve the information extraction system of our client.
Main responsibilities include providing high-quality semantic annotations according to language-specific guidelines for Named Entity annotation and coreference resolution as well as helping enhance the guidelines as needed. The successful candidate has an advanced background in theoretical linguistics with emphasis on semantics, syntax and/or discourse analysis. Previous experience with annotation projects is a big plus.
The project will start at the end of March 2013 and will continue for about 4-5 months with possibility of extension. All work is done remotely; average time commitment will be approximately 20-30 hours per week.
- At least B.A. degree or higher in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics or related field, MA or higher preferred
- Native or near-native knowledge of at least one the languages specified above and strong knowledge of its culture
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Strong background in syntax, semantics or discourse analysis
- Ability to quickly understand new linguistic technologies and client/project needs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail
Strong computer skills and greater than average comfort with software and technology are expected. You will be required to sign a legally binding non-disclosure agreement at the time of contract negotiation.
We offer a competitive, hourly pay rate DOE (to be paid as 1099 self-employment income).
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email