Job Announcement: Decooda
Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Intern Data Technician, Decooda, Tennessee, USA
|Job Location:||Tennessee, USA|
|Title:||Intern Data Technician|
Intern Data Technician
Decooda International is a rapidly evolving intelligent market insights company. Our mission is to focus “big data” into actionable insights that enable marketing and sales teams to identify insights and behavior that can drive real-time execution. We achieve our goals through a combination of developing cutting edge linguistic analytics, massive parallel processing approaches, and creative cognitive applications and techniques.
Widespread interest and sustained calls for our product means that we are currently seeking to expand our team. We are offering two intern positions for data technicians; however, we envision rapid promotion for those people who join us at this comparatively early stage.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the skills and qualifications listed below or will be able to offer convincing evidence that these skills and qualifications can be learned/developed rapidly.
Decooda recognizes that novel skills, creative talents, and non-standard approaches to problem solving are highly desirable attributes. To this end, applications are encouraged from those who see themselves as offering a significant benefit to the goals of Decooda.
The current positions are for a paid internship located on-site at our offices in Memphis, TN. Highly competitive salaries for full time positions are dependent on performance and continuing rate of company development.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or Master’s in psychology or linguistics (if psychology, preferably with a concentration in experimental or cognitive psychology, or even social psychology)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel in particular)
- Calculate basic statistics in Excel such as averages, standard deviation, T-test, if/then statements in Excel, and recoding variables in Excel
- Basic knowledge about experimental design and methodology
(1) What is the difference between within subjects and between subjects studies?
(2) What are demographic variables
(3) What is a confound?
- Some knowledge of SPSS
Preferred Qualifications (Applicants should explain how they exhibit any of the following skills):
- Knowledge of SPSS
- Some statistics background (i.e., what is a regression, how is a t-test different from a correlation?)
- Some knowledge of R (statistical program)
- Basic programming skills (e.g., java, visual basic, perl)
- Experience with science writing (i.e., writing up results in APA format)
- Knowledge of corpus
- Knowledge of power point presentations
- Knowledge of non-English language
- Teaching or tutoring experience
- Customer service experience
- Business experience
- Volunteer work
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email
click here to access email