Job Announcement: The University of Arizona
Semantics; Syntax: Visiting Professor, The University of Arizona, Arizona, USA
The University of Arizona
|Job Location:||Arizona, USA|
Native American Linguistics
The Department of Linguistics is seeking an exceptional candidate for a non-tenure track Assistant/Associate or Full Professor position with a specialization in formal semantics. Employment will begin mid-August 2013, and end mid-May 2014, with the possibility of being extended for two additional years, contingent upon available funding.
The successful candidate will be hired to teach both, undergraduate and graduate level courses, with a 2/2 workload (two classes in the fall and two classes in the spring) and perform research in the area of formal semantics. This is a benefits eligible position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 3 unit courses
- Advise and direct students
- Supervise graduate teaching assistants as needed
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Qualified Ph.D. in Linguistics or related discipline, with a specialization in formal semantics
- Strong record of teaching and research
- Secondary specialization in Computational Linguistics, Native American Linguistics and/or Syntax Semantics Interface
- Strong records of research activity
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
, Department Head
click here to access email
Phone: 520-621-6897 Fax: 520-626-9014