- The LINGUIST List is operated by the Institute for Language Information and Technology (ILIT) at Eastern Michigan University.
- The aim of the list is to provide a forum where academic linguists can discuss linguistic issues and exchange linguistic information.
- With the aid of contributions from subscribers and the publishing community, ILIT now offers support to 11 graduate students in the Eastern Michigan University linguistics program, who serve in return as editors of the list.
- More about the LINGUIST List can be found on our blog, "Get Involved" page, Facebook page or in our quarterly newsletter.
- In addition to the LINGUIST mailing list, ILIT operates a number of technology and infrastructure projects, partially funded by grants from the National Science Foundation.
- 1990 The LINGUIST List was founded by Anthony Rodrigues Aristar at the University of Western Australia with 60 subscribers.
- 1991 Helen Dry became co-moderator of the list with Anthony.
- 1991 LINGUIST List moved from Australia to Texas A&M University .
- 1991 Eastern Michigan University was established as the main editing site for the list.
- 1997 LINGUIST List moved from Texas A&M to its own site, where it has been ever since.
- 1998 Wayne State University in Michigan was established as the second editing site for the list.
- 2006 Research projects developed and maintained at LINGUIST were consolidated and became the Institute for Language Information and Technology (ILIT), an autonomous research center at Eastern Michigan University.
How to Contact Us
Interested in working with LINGUIST List? See our Get involved at LINGUIST List page!
The LINGUIST List
Eastern Michigan University
2000 Huron River Drive, Suite 104
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
+1 734 487 0144
+1 734 482 0132