The Notice Board is designed to help you find information that facilitates your own professional activities but may not be of interest to all LINGUIST subscribers. For example, you might post a notice here if:
- you're spending your sabbatical in another city and want to find a house to rent.
- you need crash space or a roommate for a linguistics conference.
- you want to be a Visiting Scholar in another country and need to find a university contact.
- you want information about living conditions in a region where you'll be doing fieldwork.
On the other hand, you should not post here if:
- your announcement is of general interest (e.g., a conference or fellowship announcement, a call for papers, or a job announcement)
- your question relates to linguistic data or analysis, and the answer might be useful to others in your field.
Please post messages like these to The LINGUIST List if you are a professional linguist, or to the Ask A Linguist service if you are not.
The Notice Board is not interactive, i.e., it is a web page, not an email list. Notices are automatically deleted after 60 days, but please feel free to repost your notice until you receive an adequate response. Respondents will be asked to reply directly to you.