The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Institution:||National Kaohsiung Normal University|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||Taiwan|
|Specialty:||Indo-European, Germanic, Icelandic, Lithuanian|
North Sea Germanic
|Selected Publications:||1. Nokkrar athugasemdir við þróun tvíhljóðanna /ei/, /ey/, /au/, /ó/ og /á/ og hljóðritun þeirra í nútímaíslensku; (Mímir 47, 1999)
2. The history of Latin ´alces´ (followed by a brief discussion of the history of Greek ´álke´); (Glotta 2005)
3. On the pronunciation and the development of the Proto-Indo-European sibilant */s/; (Newsletter No. 18, Kyoto University)
4. “The Proto-Indo-European Sibilant */s/”. Historische Sprachforschung 123: 40-55
5. “The History of Lithuanian delčia ‘waning moon’ and Several Related Morphological Problems”. Baltistica 46.2: 185-200
6. “The Indo-European Primary T-Stems”. Monograph. Innsbrucker Beiträge zur Sprachwissenschaft 133, Innsbruck
7. “Reflective and Critical Thinking in Curriculum Design: Historical Linguistics as a Missing Link”. Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on English Teaching and Learning in the R.O.C. National Kaohsiung Normal University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, May 1st – 2nd, 2010. Pp. 61-66.
|Courses Taught:||1. Seminar in Historical Lithuanian Linguistics (Kyoto University, 2006)
2. Gothic and Comparative Germanic Linguistics (National Kaohsiung Normal University, 2007)
3. English Phonetics (NKNU, 2006/7)
4. Topics in Germanic Historical Linguistics: Middle English (doctoral level), National Kaohsiung Normal University, Taiwan
5. Topics in Germanic Historical Linguistics: Old English (doctoral level)
6. Old Icelandic (Doctoral level). NKNU, Taiwan
7. Studies in the History of English (MA level)
8. Syntax (Old and Middle English).
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|