The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Tim Xitao Fu|
|Institution:||Victoria University of Wellington|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||New Zealand|
Philosophy of Language
|Specialty:||cognitive processes underlying language use|
|Selected Publications:||Selected publications:
Journal papers/book reviews
- Fu, Tim Xitao. 2010. Book Review: Metaphor, Metonymy, and Experientialist Philosophy --- Challenging Cognitive Semantics by Verena Haser. International Journal of Mind, Brain & Cognition, 1 (1): 115-118
- Fu, Xitao. 2008. Metonymy and Metaphor: Continuum or Hierarchy? Wellington Linguistics Working Papers, 20: 65-85
- Fu, Xitao. 2007, Study of “YOU + VP” in Chinese --- A Review, Newsletter for Research in Chinese Studies (Taiwan), 26 (3): 1-9
- Fu, Xitao. 2006, On the Construction of “YOU + VP”, Journal of China University of Geosciences (Social Sciences Edition), 6 (5): 97-108
- Fu, Xitao. 2006, A Cognitive Analysis of Primary School E-C Bilingual Teaching, Journal of Hunan First Normal College, 6 (1): 20-23
- Fu, Xitao. 2005, On Properties of Speech Act, Social Sciences in Nanjing, 206 (4): 81-86
- Fu, Xitao. 2005, Is “Illocutionary Logic” Translated As “Yuyongluoji”?, Journal of Hunan First Normal College, 5 (2): 4-8
- Fu, Xitao. 2004, A Review on the Study of Speech Act Theory, Explorations (Qiusuo), 142 (6): 174-177
- Fu, Xitao. 2004, Speech Act and Natural Language Processing, Journal of Hunan First Normal College 4 (2): 4-9
- Chen, Lijiang & Fu, Xitao. 2000, Metaphor and Its Translation: A Textual Approach, Journal of Hubei Normal University (Foreign Language Teaching and Research Edition): 84-89
- Fu, Xitao. 2007, The Cognitive-textual Strategy for English Writing Teaching, in Tu Guoyuan (eds.), Hunan Translation Studies – Journal of Hunan Translators Association, Vol.6, Hunan People’s Press: 521-533
Monographs and books
- Fu, Xitao, 2012, Metonymy at the Interface of Cognition and Communication, Saarbrücken, Germany: LAP
Conference and seminar presentations
- Fu, Xitao. “110” in China: A Cognitive Approach. The Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference, University of Auckland (15-19 February 2012).
- Fu, Xitao. Prototypical meaning or meaning prototype? The 19th Biennial Conference of the Linguistics Society of New Zealand, Victoria University of Wellington (17-18 November 2011).
- Fu, Xitao. How does Metonymy Work in the Mind. School of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics Seminar, Victoria University of Wellington (20 May 2011).
- Fu, Xitao. The Metonymic Nature of Embodied Cognition. 1st Auckland Postgraduate Conference on Linguistics and Applied Linguistics. The University of Auckland, 19 March 2011.
- Fu, Xitao. Metonymy and Metaphor: A Continuum or Hierarchy? Linguistic Society of New Zealand 18th Biennial Conference, Massey University, Palmerston North, 29 Nov- 1 Dec 2009).
- Fu, Xitao. Teaching English Writing: A Cognitive Approach. The 12th Annual Academic Meeting of Hunan Translators Association. Changde (14-16 December 2007).
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|