The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Mousa A. Btoosh (IPA: mu:sa)|
|Institution:||Al-Hussein Bin Talal University|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||Jordan|
Philosophy of Language
History of Linguistics
|Selected Publications:||1. 2011 Btoosh, Mousa A. & Taweel, Abeer Q. “Contrastive Rhetoric: Inflation, Verbal Voices, Polyphonic Visibility in Learners and Native Speakers’ Academic Writing- A Corpus-Based Approach”. To appear in Asian EFL Journal in Sept. 2011.
2. 2011 Btoosh, Mousa A.“Error Types in the Approximate System of Arab Students of English: A Multiple Classificatory Taxonomy. To appear in Indian Journal of Applied Linguistics Vol. 37 No. 1, March 2011.
3.2010 Btoosh, Mousa A. & Taweel, Abeer Q. “Burke & Austin: Comparing Insights on Studying Meaning”. European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 40 No. 3, Pp. 478-491.
4. 2010 Btoosh, Mousa A. “Wh-Movement in Standard Arabic: Optimality Theoretic Account.” Poznan Studies in Contemporary Linguistics, Vol. 46/1, Pp 1-26.
5. Btoosh, Mousa A. “Lexical complexity and frequency in L1 and L2 Students' writing: a computer corpus linguistics approach.” Corpora and ICT in Language Studies. Lodz Studies in Language, Vol. 13,Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang.
6. 2006 Btoosh, Mousa A. “Constraint Interactions in Jordanian Arabic Phonotactics: An Optimality-Theoretic Approach.” Journal of Language and Linguistics, Vol. 5 No. 2. Pp. 192 – 221.
|Courses Taught:||- Computational Linguistics
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Error Analysis
- Introduction to Linguistics
- History of English Language
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|