Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Mousa A. Btoosh (IPA: mu:sa)|
|Institution:||Al-Hussein Bin Talal University|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||Jordan|
Philosophy of Language
History of Linguistics
|Selected Publications:||1. 2011 Btoosh, Mousa A. & Taweel, Abeer Q. “Contrastive Rhetoric: Inflation, Verbal Voices, Polyphonic Visibility in Learners and Native Speakers’ Academic Writing- A Corpus-Based Approach”. To appear in Asian EFL Journal in Sept. 2011.
2. 2011 Btoosh, Mousa A.“Error Types in the Approximate System of Arab Students of English: A Multiple Classificatory Taxonomy. To appear in Indian Journal of Applied Linguistics Vol. 37 No. 1, March 2011.
3.2010 Btoosh, Mousa A. & Taweel, Abeer Q. “Burke & Austin: Comparing Insights on Studying Meaning”. European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 40 No. 3, Pp. 478-491.
4. 2010 Btoosh, Mousa A. “Wh-Movement in Standard Arabic: Optimality Theoretic Account.” Poznan Studies in Contemporary Linguistics, Vol. 46/1, Pp 1-26.
5. Btoosh, Mousa A. “Lexical complexity and frequency in L1 and L2 Students' writing: a computer corpus linguistics approach.” Corpora and ICT in Language Studies. Lodz Studies in Language, Vol. 13,Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang.
6. 2006 Btoosh, Mousa A. “Constraint Interactions in Jordanian Arabic Phonotactics: An Optimality-Theoretic Approach.” Journal of Language and Linguistics, Vol. 5 No. 2. Pp. 192 – 221.
|Courses Taught:||- Computational Linguistics
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Error Analysis
- Introduction to Linguistics
- History of English Language
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|