The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Institution:||University of Abuja|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||
|Selected Publications:||ARTICLES AUTHORED/CO-AUTHORED IN JOURNALS AND BOOKS OF READINGS:
1. The Role of Mother Tongue in the Child’s Education. In Olu: A Journal of Nsukka Linguistic Association, No5.
2. Language Learning / Development Through Linguistics: A Critique of Chomsky’s Learning Theory. In Language, Literature and Education for National Development. A Book of Readings of the School of Languages, College of Education, Katsina-Ala, Benue State, Nigeria. 2001.
3. Introducing Linguistics as a Subject in Secondary Schools: An Appraisal of Few Concepts. In Obudu Journal of Educational Studies, (OBUJES) Vol. 5 No. 1, July 2000.
4. Inter Religious Co-operation in Nigeria: A Matrix for Stable National Polity. In Towards a Greater Nigeria in the New Millennium: The Role of Arts and Social Sciences. A publication of the School of Arts and Social Sciences, College of Education, Katsina-Ala, Benue State Nigeria. 2001.
5. Towards a Greater Nigeria in the 21st Century: The Role of Political Education in Nigeria. In Journal of Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 10, Dec. 2001.
6. An Endoglossic Lingua Franca for Nigeria: A Catalyst for National Development. In Obudu Journal of Languages (OJOLA), Vol. 3 No.1, Jan. 2003
7. Towards Managing Human and Material Resources for a Better Language Education Teacher in Nigeria. In Nigerian Education in the Fourth Republic. In the Book of Readings of the Federal College of Education, Obudu, Cross River State, Nigeria. Feb. 2003.
8. Islam, the Religion of the Sword: The Western Fallacy. In Religion and Terrorism. A Publication of the National Association for the Study of Religions and Education (NASRED), 2003.
9. In Search of a National Language: Adopting the Indigenous as a Catalyst to National Unity, Development and Sustenance of Nigeria’s Democracy.In Language, Literature, Education and Democracy. A Book of Readings of the School of Languages, College of Education Katsina-Ala, Benue State, Nigeria.
10. Multilingualism and National Development in Nigeria. In Obudu Journal of Educational Studies, (OBUJES) Vol. 7. No 1, July 2003.
11. The Concept and Practice of Metrical Phonology: A Catalyst to Syllable, Stress and Rhythm in Hausa Language. In Obudu Journal of Languages, (OJOLA).Vol. 5, No 1, 2005.
12. The Relevance of Local Languages in Nigeria’s Political Development: A Catalyst to Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. In Jalingo Journal of Language and Linguistics (JAJOLL), Vol. 1, No. 2, 2005
13. The Symbiosis of Language and the Mind as a PowerPoint to Expressing Political Idealism. In Akwanga Journal of Hausa Studies, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2006
1. Second Language Learning: Hausa Series. Vol. 1, 2004.
2. Second Language Learning: Hausa Series. Vol. 2, 2004.
3. Second Language Learning: Hausa Series. Vol. 3, 2004.
4. Hausa Language for Pre-NCE Students.
5. Manual/Guide on Students’ Handbook, Department of Hausa, Federal College of Education, Obudu, Cross River State.
|Courses Taught:||Structure of a Language,Sociolinguistics,Orthography,Corpus Linguistics,Psycholinguistics|
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|