The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Institution:||American University of Sharjah|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||United Arab Emirates|
|Selected Publications:||1. Translation and the Language of Information Technology. Saarbrücken: VDM Verlag. 2010.
2. Corpus-based Study of IT Terms, 2005, ESP Across Cultures, 2. pp 76-93.
3. Translation of the Language of Information Technology: How the Arabs and Swedes Click, in CamLing 2003, Proceedings of the University of Cambridge First Conference in Language Research 26 April 2003. Cambridge: Cambridge Institute of Language Research, Department of Linguistics, 2004. pp 440-446.
4. Building Specialised Corpora for Translation Studies, in Proceedings of the Workshop on Multilingual Corpora: Linguistic Requirements and Technical Perspectives, Corpus Linguistics 2003, 27 March 2003, University of Lancaster. pp 17-25.
5. Cross-linguistic Study of Lexical Collocations in the Language of Information Technology, in Clark, S. and Osborne, M. (eds.), CLUK 2003, Proceedings of the 6th CLUK Colloquium, 6-7 January 2003, University of Edinburgh. pp 135-139.
6. Lexical Collocations in Literary Translation, in V. I. Chadrin (ed.), University Translation Studies (Proceedings of the international conference on translation studies, 23-25 October 2000) St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg University 2001. pp 141-149.
|Announced on LINGUIST :||
Papers in Translation Studies
|Courses Taught:||Translation (Eng-Arab-Eng)
Contrastive Linguistics & Translation
Translation Quality Assessment
English For Specific Purposes
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|