The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Institution:||University of Tromsø - The Arctic University of Norway|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||Norway|
|Specialty:||Finiteness, subject reference, control, anaphora|
|Selected Publications:||1. 'Making sense of silence: finiteness and the 'PRO'-'pro' distinction', To appear in NLLT 2013.
2. 'Giving local reflexivity a point-of-view: the argument-structure of Tamil koL and its role in binding', To appear in Studia Linguistica, Eds. Martin Everaert and Eric Reuland.
3. 'DP distribution and finiteness in Tamil and other languages: selection vs. Case' (with Thomas McFadden). Journal of South Asian Linguistics. Eds. Rajesh Bhatt and Miriam Butt. 2009.
4. 'A plea for syntax and a return to first principles: monstrous agreement in Tamil', Proceedings of SALT 21: 674-693, 2011.
5. 'Monstrous agreement, anaphora, and context: evidence from Tamil'. In Proceedings of the 41st Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society, University of Pennsylvania, PA.
6. 'A phase-based account of the PRO/anaphor distinction', ConSOLE XVIII.2010.
|Announced on LINGUIST :||
Proceedings of the 28th Annual Penn Linguistics Colloquium
|Courses Taught:||- Basic Sentence Structure (= Intro. to Syntax)
- Introduction to Semantics
- Introduction to Morphology
- Advanced binding seminar
EGG summer school (summer 2013): Advanced course on contextual features and anaphora
|Dissertation Abstract:||Context and (Co)reference in the Syntax and its Interfaces|
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|