The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Thomas W Ihde|
|Institution:||City University of New York|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||
|Selected Publications:||- 2000: 'Curriculum Development and Textbook Design for North American Learners of Irish.' Language, Culture, & Curriculum 13(1), pp. 1-12.
- 2000: 'Issues in the design of credited Irish courses' Journal of Celtic Language Learning 5, pp. 5-19.
- 1997: 'Teacher Certification and Less Commonly Taught Languages' Journal of Celtic Language Learning 3, pp. 41-50.
- 1996: 'Feedback in L2 Writing' MEXTESOL Journal: Mexican Association of Teachers of English 20.2, pp. 37-45.
- 1996: 'Language Report: Irish Language Courses at American Colleges' ÃÂire-Ireland: A Journal of Irish Studies 30.4, pp. 181-186.
- 1996: 'Immigration and Language' The ECCSSA Journal (Eastern Community College Social Science Association) 11.1, pp. 39-44.
- 1995: 'Dialect Choice and Language Learning' Teangeolas: Journal of the Linguistics Institute of Ireland 35, pp. 37-40.
- 1995: 'Teaching Irish to Americans: Focus on Feedback' Teanga: The Irish Yearbook of Applied Linguistics 15, pp. 81-89.
- 1994 (ed.): The Irish Language in the United States: a historical, sociolinguistic, and applied linguistic survey. Westport, CT: Bergin & Garvey, 167-page book.
- 1993: 'Error Correction in L1 & L2 Language Learning' Rule Syntactica 4, pp. 46-53. (ERIC ED 374 678).
|Courses Taught:||IRI 103: Elementary Irish I
IRI 104: Elementary Irish II
IRI 105: Elementary Irish III
ESC 524: Teaching Foreign Languages in Middle and High School
ESC 562: Teaching Language Arts in Languages other than English
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|