Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Hassan A H Gadalla|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||Saudi Arabia|
|Specialty:||Morphology; Syntax; Discourse & Translation|
1. Comparative Morphology of Standard and Egyptian Arabic.
Meunchen, Germany: Lincom Europa. 2000. For information on the book, please visit the following web site: http://home.t-online.de/home/LINCOM.EUROPA/9724.htm
2. The LDC CallHome Egyptian Arabic Lexicon. Philadelphia: Linguistic Data Consortium, University of Pennsylvania. 1998. For information on the lexicon, please visit the LDC web site at: http://wave.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/docs/LDC97L19/ch_arabic_lex
3. “Translating English Perfect Tenses into Arabic: A Comparative Study of Two Translations of Pearl Buck’s Novel ‘The Good Earth’.” BABEL: International Journal of Translation, Vol. 52, No. 3 (2006) pp. 243-261.
4. “Arabic Imperfect Verbs in Translation: A Corpus Study of English Renderings.” META: Journal des Traducteurs. Vol. 51, No. 1 (March, 2006) pp. 51-71.
5. “Syntactic Classes of the Arabic Active Participle and Their Equivalents in Translation: A Comparative Study in Two English Quranic Translations.” Bulletin of the Faculty of Arts, Assiut University. Vol. 18 (Jan. 2005) pp. 1-37.
6. “Translating Arabic Perfect Verbs into English: A Text-Based Approach.” Bulletin of the Faculty of Arts, Assiut University. Vol. 12 (Dec. 2002). pp. 1-37.
7. “Genitive Constructions in English and Arabic: A Contrastive Study.” Bulletin of the Faculty of Arts, Assiut University. Vol. 6 (Dec. 2000) pp. 1-64. In Collaboration with Dr. Abdel-Nasser M. E. Abdel-Hamid of the Dept. of Arabic.
8. “Numerals in Standard Arabic and Egyptian Colloquial Arabic: A Comparative Study.” Bulletin of the Faculty of Arts, Assiut University. Vol. 4. (Jan. 2000) pp.149-183.
|Announced on LINGUIST :||
Comparative Morphology of Standard and Egyptian Arabic
Phonetics & Phonology;
Morphology & Syntax;
Semantics & Pragmatics;
Translation Theory & Practice
|Dissertation Abstract:||A Comparative Morphological Study of Standard Arabic and Cairene Arabic with an Analysis of Phonological Alternations|
|Academic Paper Abstract:||
Numerals in Standard Arabic and Egyptian Colloquial Arabic: A comparative study
Genitive Constructions in English and Arabic: A Contrastive Study
Translating English Perfect Tenses into Arabic: A comparative study of two translations of Pearl Buck’s novel ‘The Good Earth'
Arabic Imperfect Verbs in Translation: A Corpus Study of English Renderings
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|