Indo-European Language and Culture: An Introduction provides a
comprehensive overview of comparative Indo-European linguistics and the
branches of the Indo-European language family, covering both linguistic and
- Fills a long-present gap in the literature of Indo-European studies.
- Designed for use in courses, with exercises and suggestions for further
reading included in each chapter.
- Discusses linguistic and cultural developments for each branch of the
Indo-European language family.
- Provides an overview of Proto-Indo-European culture, society, and language.
1. Introduction: The Comparative Method and the Indo-European Family.
2. Proto-Indo-European Culture and Archaeology.
3. Proto-Indo-European Phonology.
4. Proto-Indo-European Morphology: Introduction
5. The Verb.
6. The Noun.
7. Pronouns and Other Parts of Speech.
8. Proto-Indo-European Syntax.
10. Indo-Iranian I: Indic.
11. Indo-Iranian II: Iranian.
20. Fragmentary Languages.