This new edition of Chinese: An Essential Grammar is an up-to-date and
concise reference guide to modern Chinese (Mandarin) grammar.
Refreshingly jargon free, it presents an accessible description of the
language, focusing on the real patterns of use today. This Grammar aims to
serve as a reference source for the learner and user of Chinese,
irrespective of level, setting out the complexities of the language in
short, readable sections.
It is ideal either for independent study or for students in schools,
colleges, universities and adult classes of all types.
* A new chapter on paragraph development
* Chinese characters, as well as the pinyin Romanization, alongside all
* Literal and colloquial translations in English to illustrate language points
* detailed contents list and index for easy access to information
* A glossary of grammatical terms