"This volume brings together twelve contributions from leading figures
working in ‘the IFG tradition’ within Systemic Functional Linguistics. Each
provides an overview of one aspect of recent thinking in this version of
SFL, with its strongly social and cultural orientation. For readers who are
looking for a one-volume summary that gives the authentic flavour of this
significant body of work, I warmly recommend this book."
- Robin P Fawcett, Emeritus Professor of Linguistics, Cardiff University, UK.
"This is a most welcome collection, representing a wide range of
applications of Systemic Functional Linguistics (SFL) from leading scholars
in the field. The chapters provide valuable insights into theoretical and
methodological issues of current concern to SFL researchers. The book is an
indispensable guide to engaging with SFL."
- Honglin Chen, Senior Lecturer, University of Wollongong, Australia.
The Continuum Companion to Systemic Functional Linguistics is designed to
be the essential one-volume resource for students and researchers. The book
* introduction to the field by M A K Halliday
* comprehensive introduction to methodology and issues
* definitions of key terms
* outlines of research areas
* guide to researching systemic functional linguistics
* bibliography of key readings
Comprehensive and accessible, this Companion will be the essential guide
for students and researchers of systemic functional linguistics.