Sound Patterns of Spoken English is a concise, to-the-point compendium of information about the casual pronunciation of everyday English as compared to formal citation forms.
- Concise, to-the-point compendium of information about casual pronunciation of English as compared to citation forms.
- Covers varieties of English language including General American and Standard Southern British.
- Overlaps the boundaries of several areas of study including sociolinguistics, lexicography, rhetoric, and speech sciences.
- Examines English pronunciation as found in everyday speech.
- Accompanied by website with examples from different accents.