| Call Information:
General Information about the Journal
English Teaching & Learning (ETL) is the first scholarly journal in Taiwan dedicated solely to research on the teaching and learning of English as a second or foreign language. It aims to publish quality papers that contribute to all aspects of the profession, with a particular preference for studies that seek to combine both theory and practice. The journal welcomes submissions on course design, teaching materials, teacher training, teaching methods, language assessment, bilingual education, as well as from the fields of sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, and other related areas. The journal calls for papers in the long term without any specific deadline. Accepted manuscripts will be published according to the review progress. Submissions are welcome all year around.
Specific Information for Contributors
1. Manuscripts that have been published or are presently being submitted for publication elsewhere are not considered.
2. Manuscripts written in either Chinese or English will be accepted for review.
3. An English manuscript should not exceed 10,000 words, and should be accompanied by abstracts of no more than 200 words, in both English and Chinese. Three key words should be supplied with the abstracts. (Authors with no Chinese background may submit only an abstract in English.)
4. All English manuscripts must be typewritten throughout (including references, notes, citations, figures and tables) on one side only of A4 paper with the default margins of Word 2003/ 2007/ 2010/ 2013, and single-spaced. Times New Roman 12 must be used as the font.
5. The journal mainly follows the style guidelines of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA). For further details about manuscript style, please download the style sheet at the ETL web site for reference.
6. Manuscripts can be submitted online at http://aspers.airiti.com/etl. Online registration is required. Manuscripts can also be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Manuscripts submitted to ETL will not be returned to authors.
8. To facilitate the blind review process, the author's name should not appear on the title page; all identifying information should be removed from the body of the paper.
9. Copies of any letters granting permission to use or reproduce copyrighted materials are the author's responsibility and should be submitted with the manuscript.
10. All properly submitted manuscripts will be sent out for peer review shortly after receipt. Authors will be informed of the status of their article once the peer reviews have been received and processed. Reviewer comments will be shared with the author.
11. Once an article has been accepted for publication, a publication fee of NT$2000 will be charged to the author. Further instructions regarding revision and submission of the final copy will be sent directly to the author.
12. The editors have the right to make editorial changes in any manuscript accepted for publication.
13. The author(s) of each article will receive one complimentary copy of the issue in which the article is published and ten off-prints of the article. The author(s) may also order additional copies of that issue at reduced rates.
14. Further details about the journal can be found at: http://www.etl.url.tw/index.php