| Call Information:
Research on New Methods for Testing Language Skills: A Focus on Speaking Performance
Language Value, www.e-revistes.uji.es/languagevalue (ISSN 1989-7103) welcomes submissions of papers for our next issue on the following topics:
- The role of test-taker feedback in the test development process
- Interviewer/test-taker style and candidate performance
- Placement, diagnostic, progress, achievement, aptitude and proficiency tests
- Rater characteristics and rater bias
- Communicative approaches to SL/FL testing
- Proficiency scales and testing techniques
- Oral proficiency interviewing using video teleconferencing
- Quantitative and qualitative assessment in speaking test performance
- Measuring pronunciation accuracy using computerized techniques
- Pragmatic and sociolinguistic competence in teaching and testing speaking
- Task difficulty in speaking tests
- Paired and group interaction in oral assessment
- Peer-assessment of oral communicative competence
- Interview techniques and scoring criteria
- Measures and perceptions of fluency in speech
- Computerized oral proficiency tests
- Correlation between human and machine ratings
Articles of c. 5,000-8,000 words, as well as any inquiries regarding the issue, should be sent by email to the journal's address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
See the website of the journal for further information for authors (http://www.e-revistes.uji.es/languagevalue/information/authors).
This issue will also publish book, website and multimedia reviews relevant to its contents. Please contact the Editors if you wish to send a copy of a volume, refer to a website or other products to be reviewed in the journal.