Globe: A Journal of Language, Culture and Communication
Call Deadline: 15-Dec-2016
Call for papers: Places and (dis)placement
The fifth issue is scheduled for publication in the spring of 2017, and will consist of a thematic section, an open section, and a section for book reviews. The thematic section of the fifth issue focuses on the notions of place and (dis)placement in language understood in a broad sense. We thus invite contributions dealing with all aspects within this area, such as, but not limited to, the following:
- The socio-psychological or cognitive links between vernacular languages and local identity formation
- Placement understood in terms of stance and how that is discursively constructed
- Places in syntactic structures
- Displaced peoples and their language use, e.g. code-switching, L1/L2 transfer, socio-psychological aspects of language use
Theoretical papers on different aspects of places and (dis)placement are also welcome. The open section and the review section are not restricted, and we welcome contributions for these within all aspects of the general scope of the journal.
The editorial team hereby invites researchers within linguistics, cultural studies, and communication studies (and related fields) to submit contributions in English, Spanish, German, or Danish (which are the publication languages of the journal) to all three sections of the fifth issue.
Globe is published by Aalborg University Press via the OJS platform which allows for very easy on-line submission and tracking of submitted articles. You will find specific information on how to submit articles and reviews here: http://kortlink.dk/kbs8
Deadline for contribution to the fifth issue: 15 December 2016
For more information, do not hesitate to contact one of the editors:
- Lotte Dam: email@example.com (principle contact and co-editor-in-chief, contact in Danish, English or Spanish)
- Marie Jensen: firstname.lastname@example.org (editor, contact in Danish or English)
- Christina Casey: email@example.com (editor, contact in English)