Journal of the National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages
Call Deadline: 01-Nov-2012
Call for Spring 2013 Journal Papers
Extended Deadline: November 1, 2012
The Journal of the National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages (JNCOLCTL) is soliciting articles for publication.
The Journal, published annually by NCOLCTL, is dedicated to the issues and concerns related to the teaching and learning of Less Commonly Taught Languages. The Journal primarily seeks to address the interests of language teachers, administrators, and researchers. Articles that describe innovative and successful teaching methods that are relevant to the concerns or problems of the profession, or that report educational research or experimentation in Less Commonly Taught Languages are welcome. Papers presented at NCOLCTL's annual conference will be considered for publication, but additional manuscripts from members of the profession are also welcome.
Our general editorial focus is on policy, education, programs, advocacy, and research in the field of Less commonly Taught Languages (LCTLs). The envisioned coverage of the journal is as follows:
- Methodology and Technology
- Beyond Academia
- Social embeddedness
The Journal of the National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages shall include papers focusing on broader theoretical and technological issues in all fields of LCTL's along with reports about research and teaching in academia, at both the K-12 and collegiate levels. Also to be included are papers addressing research and teaching in government and industry and issues of a broader social environment, ranging from heritage communities to advancing LCTLs in federal initiatives and legislation in the USA.
In preparing the manuscript, please use the latest edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA), see http://www.apastyle.org/manual/index.aspx
Manuscripts should be:
- A maximum of 20 pages (excluding references, charts, notes, etc.) and submitted electronically via word (1997-2003)-document e-mail attachment.
- Double-line spaced throughout, including notes, references, and tables, using 12-point Times New Roman font with a 1.5 inch left margin. (Please ensure that this specified formatting is followed).
- Accompanied by a 150 word (or less) abstract and a cover sheet containing the manuscript title, name, address, office and home telephone numbers, fax number, email address, and full names and institutions of each author. (Because the manuscript will be blind reviewed, identifying information should be on the cover sheet only, and not appear in the manuscript).
- All Manuscripts should be electronically submitted to The Editor at: Danko.Sipka@asu.edu and copied to the Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: While submissions are welcome at any point, only manuscripts received by November 1, 2012 will be considered for the Spring 2013 issue of the journal.
***The deadline for the Spring 2013 issue of the journal has been extended from October 1, 2012 to November 1, 2012.***