|Submitter Email:||click here to access email|
I am working on English adjectives. Are the following sentences
acceptable? If acceptable, please mark them with a check. If not
acceptable, please mark them with a cross. If uncertain or dubious,
please mark them with a question mark. Any comment is welcome.
(1) John was careful to lock the door.
(2) John was greedy to keep all the money to himself.
(3) John was worthy to be praised by them all.
(4) The place is convenient to visit.
(5) John is jealous that she succeeded.
(6) John was bored to hear her endless talk.
(7) John was confused to be told to do so many things at once.
(8) John was hurt to be insulted.
(9) I am eager that they should win.
(10) John was incredulous that Mary put it into practice.
(11) Mary is keen that we should go.
(12) It was heroic of them to oppose the invader.
(13) John was irresponsible to sabotage his duties.
(14) It is significant that they worked as volunteers.
(15) It is sufficient to give him some money.
(16) It is not suitable to dress casual at a wedding reception.
Atsuko Umesaki (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sums main page