Socioeconomic/Geographic Lexical Survey (U.S.A)
|Submitter Email:||click here to access email|
I am an undergraduate linguistics student at Boston University, conducting a
preliminary research project. The project concerns the ethnic, socioeconomic
and geographic distribution of the word ''biddie'' (alternately ''biddy''), and the
variability of use and definition based on this distribution. I am looking for
more data to make a more comprehensive comparison. Data from any and all
is greatly appreciated. I can be contacted at email@example.com. Below is the
2. Level of education:
3. Ethnicity with which you identify:
3. Socioeconomic status (working, middle, upper class):
4. State you grew up in:
5. State in which you currently reside:
7. Have you heard the term “biddie” (alternately “biddy”)?
8. If so, what is your definition?
9. If so, where did you first hear it?
10. If so, how often do you use it (never, sometimes, regularly)?
11. If so, who do you use the term with?
12. Where you do you think the term might have come from?
Sums main page