Learning Langs other than English
· 2BDutch - learn Dutch, watch videos with subtitles: 2BDutch (to be Dutch) is an easy and fun way to learn more about Dutch language and culture. Our videos with multiple subtitles can be used to practice your listening comprehension skills and learn new Dutch words. Or just get more information about the Netherlands.
· Abbey Road Programs: Established in 2000 by Stanford University alumni, Abbey Road offers summer immersion programs for high school students in the United States, Italy, Spain, France, Greece and Canada. Abbey Road programs facilitate cross-cultural understanding and enrichment by providing a unique opportunity for cultural immersion, intensive language study, exposure to new academic subjects, travel excursions, recreational activities, personal growth, and building life-long friendships. The company emphasizes personal attention, high quality of academic, cultural and recreational programs, strong organization, and safety. Accredited through CSIET (Council on Standards for International Educational Travel), Abbey Road is based in Los Angeles, with offices in New York, Atlanta, France and Italy.
· Accent Français: French language school in France officially recognized Qualité FLE by the French Ministry of Education
· Basic Italian: An introduction to the Italian language with free tutorials covering basic grammar principles, regular and irregular verbs, vocabulary, and phrases.
· Bonjour de France: We offer French language learners French exercises online for free. We will be launching a new updated version (with new charts, new exercise categories/subjects, videos and music) for French learners to learn the language. We are a member and a partner of the French federation internationale des professeurs de francais (FIPF - Internaitonal Federation of French Teachers) and we will be launching new projects of French teachers from around the world online. From here, you can also visit our new website, http://www.azurlingua-culture.com, which focuses more on cultural aspects and events. We believe it can serve as a gateway and first step to learning French.
· Chain Stories EU project for Intercomprehension: The Chain Stories project will create a language friendly environment in which students, in their first year of language learning, can enjoy creative writing in their mother tongue. They then pass on their story to other schools, within a chain, for completion. All five schools in a chain, have a different mother tongue but within the same European language family, generally from 5 countries. For example, Romance languages, French, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian and Spanish. The children will create part of a story, decode and comprehend the main ideas of a previous part of the same story from the other schools in the chain. The stories are based on an open template.
· Chinese Flashcards: Interactive website assisting in the learning of Chinese characters.
· Clueword - Multilingual Word Puzzle: Clueword multilingual word puzzle where the clues and answers are in different languages.
· Danish Grammar: A comprehensive English-language treatment of Danish grammar.
· Didactired at the Centro Virtual Cervantes: Recipes, techniques and ideas in the classroom for teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Language. Updated daily. In Spanish.
· Digital Dialects Italian: Interactive games for learning the Italian language.
· Dutch for Beginners: Introduction to Dutch grammar and vocabulary.
· Dutch Grammar Tutorial: Explains Dutch grammar, covering spelling and pronunciation, verb conjugations, nouns & articles, and the Dutch word order. A good command of English is necessary.
· Dutch Language Course: A Dutch language course for English speakers. Includes quizzes, sound files, and many examples. Every part of speech (nouns, verbs, etc.) is discussed. Read about the typical Dutch word order, pronunciation and punctuation.
· e-learning turkish grammar and language: A free website for learning Turkish language and grammar. Includes theory, exercises, examples, pronunciation and songs.
· EasyPortuguese: Free Online Portuguese course, focus on Brazilian Portuguese. Grammar lessons, reference material, dictionary, sounds, among others
· eEuro Inclusion Portal: This portal gives less widely used less taught (LWULT) languages in Europe a stronger voice by bringing together LWULT Language Resource Centres (LRC) from a large number of European countries. This is necessary if LWULT languages are to contribute fully to the future educational and cultural heritage of Europe. eEuro Inclusion gives LWULT LRCs greater visibility at the European level. The online exchange of knowledge, expertise and experience between LRCs is a first step towards the founding of a pan-European Association of LWULT LRCs. eEuro Inclusion has two main target groups: LRCs that provide LWULT language services and potential seekers of these services.
· English-Spanish Quizzes: Quizzes to learn basic words, months, numbers, colors, days, fruits, vegetables etc. in Spanish and English.
· Find a language exchange friend: POLYGLOT is a NON PROFIT COMMUNITY dedicated to LANGUAGE EXCHANGE. After a FREE REGISTRATION, you will be able to practice a foreign language ONLINE with a native speaker : FIND a pen friend in our data base, Send CONFIDENTIAL MAIL, CHAT online, Exchange ideas on our FORUM.
· First Grade Spanish Vocabulary: This is a website to aid the teaching of a first grade Spanish Dual Immersion teacher in Chula Vista CA. It includes 300 of the most used words in Spanish with a pronunciation sound. It Also includes Powerpoint presentations that elementary school teachers can use for vocabulary.
· Free flash cards for learning polish and arabic: Page contains free multimedia flash cards for learning languages (polish, arabic, etc)
· Free German Worksheets/Webquests/Video Activities: Free resources for practicing your German. Downloadable worksheets and webquests, links and worksheets for video activities from youtube, vocab flashcards and more.
· Free Language Tutorials: Learn a language with free online foreign language tutorials.
· Free Modern Greek Grammar Lessons: Free Modern Greek Grammar Lessons and Greek-English, English-Greek crosswords. Useful also for Greek-speakers who are learning English.
· Free online Dutch grammar course: This course aims to give a clear but full account of how the Dutch language works. A good resource for analytical learners, many links available to other free resources for holistic learners.
· Free Online Language Courses: A directory of courses or language learning sites for more than 100 languages.
· Free online Spanish course: We are a Spanish non-profit organization that aims to promote the Spanish language worldwide. We have created an online portal (www.livingspanish.com) where people can sign up for FREE online Spanish courses and also find a lot of resources to studying Spanish.
· Free Online Vocabulary Learning Platform for English, Spanish, German, French...: A free, online vocabulary program that helps to memorize vocabulary and conjugations in foreign languages. It includes predefined lessons for Spanish, German and English and the option of creating own lessons with own words.
· Free Spanish: Includes a Spanish grammar overview, word lists, and useful phrases.
· French Phonetic: Learn French with phonetic exercises online
· French Revision: This site contains tons of interactive French exercises. There are listening, reading and writing exercises. The exercises mark themselves and a score is given! Test your knowledge in all skills using these interactive activities with audio files. There are hundreds of exercises to help you revise and do well in your exams from Year 7 upwards.
· French Teaching Resources: A collection of interactive french teaching resources created by teachers around the world.
· FrenchLearner.com: Find hundreds of audio lessons covering basic French including vocabulary lists, verbs, grammar, useful phrases and much more.
· German Adjective Endings: Very clear table of German adjective endings - the whole phenomenon explained in three smart rules.
· German Encyclopedic Internet Service Terminal, GEIST: A collection of links that could be useful to the learners of German.
· Goethe Institute: For promoting the study of German abroad and international cultural cooperation.
· Good Reasons to Learn the Spanish Language: Enables users to speak basic Spanish after utilizing free lessons and courses.
· Gwybodiadur: A directory of language resources for Welsh learners and teachers including the Web's most up-to-date and comprehensive information on Welsh dictionaries.
· Hellenistic Greek: An online grammar of Hellenistic Greek Learn Ancient Greek or participate in discussion of what an online grammar of an ancient language should include and how it should be structured.
· How to Conjugate Spanish Verbs: Learn Spanish verb conjugation free online enjoying eye-catching presentations, videos, tense charts, conjugation charts, reverse verb lookup, step by step guides and interactive exercises.
· How to learn any language: Non-commercial website about teaching yourself languages created by a language enthusiast. Discussion forum about independent language learning with a strict 'no chit chat' policy. Large section about Cardinal Mezzofanti, the great 19th century Italian polyglot. Language profiles for the prospective language learner with detailed discussion or each language difficulty and usefulness.
· http://rolang.ro: ROLANG is a Romanian language school specialized in teaching Romanian courses to foreigners. The teaching programs are suitable for students of all ages as well as for the different language skills requirements. The course curriculum is adapted to the students, with favorite topics arranged around the students' interests. We plan to help the student improve his/her language skills by reading, listening, speaking and writing. The courses offered are for beginner level, intermediate level and advanced level. Our teaching method is based on communication. Through a placement test given at the beginning of the course, we establish the level of every student and we place him/her in the correct group. Our instructors are PhD holders, authors of Romanian manuals for foreigners, and University of Bucharest teachers. They will help you communicate in Romanian with confidence and they will provide support, feedback and assistance to every student. Choose ROLANG and you will get: - course materials (textbook, exercise book, audio CD) - professional and specialized services - flexibility regarding your time schedule: you build your own time schedule - highly qualified teachers - teaching methodology adapted to your level and your specific requests - high quality education - pleasant atmosphere At the end of the course, the students will receive a Romanian Language certificate.
· Ilearntamil: We offer online Tamil classes for all. We have experienced and reliable tutors, and we have personalised learning plan which gives the feeling of meeting the tutor face to face. The class works one on one with audio and a special whiteboard for the tutor and student to interact. Ilearntamil offers variety of courses which would make you learn Tamil easily depending upon the requirement. The teaching methods are designed for different levels of learning . We also have free lesson books, Tamil Literature, and videos of Tamil speakers.
· Italian courses in Tuscany: Founded in 1988, Centro Puccini has years of experience and specialize in teaching Italian in Italy. The school is recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research. A highly motivated professional teaching faculty all specially trained in teaching Italian to foreigners. The school is member of ASILS (Association of language schools for teaching Italian as a foreign language) and Ail. Friendly and helpful staff that pays personal attention to each student.
· Italianencounter.com: A blog about the Italian language and culture, with posts and exercises.
· Jeu de L'oie: Learn French online with games - Grammar, Vocabulary, Communications...
· Kapampangan in 10 Easy Lessons: It's a course of study in Kapampangan, one of the major languages in the Philippines.
· Lakota Language Consortium: The LLC provides the latest Lakota language curriculum materials and useful language usage statistics.
· LALWSP: LAFLWSP is an abbreviation for Learning Arabic as a Foreign Language With a Studied Plan. This site offers a series of twenty main lessons and complimentary unlimited lessons are teaching Arabic language for free and it’s dedicated to non-native Arabic speakers with a new, easy and well-organized style. This series develops seven skills of language: reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar, and for the first time inflection and rhetoric. Every main lesson develops three skills at least and it’s consolidated by audio lesson.
· Language Directory: Free online language courses, dictionaries, newspapers, TV & Radio stations for more than a hundred languages.
· Language School: Articles, news and resources on languages and learning a new language.
· Language School Seattle, near Bellevue - Spanish, Italian, French, Russian, Arabic, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Romanian, Greek, Portuguese, Polish and more foreign languages: Learn a foreign language in Seattle near Bellevue. Learn to speak Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Arabic, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Romanian, Greek, Portuguese, Polish and more foreign languages. Language instruction in and around Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond for children, adults and corporations. Private lessons and group classes available in Spanish, French, Italian and many more languages. Native language instructors available.
· LANGUAGE STUDIES INDONESIA: Known as Jakarta’s “Bahasa Indonesia School,” LANGUAGE STUDIES INDONESIA is the Capital’s leading language training organisation devoted solely to the study of Bahasa Indonesia - the Indonesian language. In the past, Jakarta expatriates seeking Bahasa Indonesia training have had to settle for informal and inconsistent instruction through private individuals or English-language schools offering less-institutionalised courses in Bahasa Indonesia. LSI was founded by a consortium of Indonesian and Canadian educators and teachers for the exclusive purpose of introducing an international standard to Indonesian language education in Jakarta. LSI offers six Bahasa Indonesia courses, designed to serve every level of competency - from Beginner to Advanced. Course instruction is delivered through private tutorial sessions (individual or small group/family), enabling clients to achieve their linguistic aims in the shortest possible time. Tutorial sessions are conducted by a multilingual, university-accredited LSI Language Teacher, at the home, office or location of choice of the client. Lesson scheduling is flexible. Clients design their own schedule for lessons, studying as extensively or intensely as they wish - from one class weekly to three classes daily.
· LanguageExchangeBCN: Language Exchange in Barcelona, Private Language Tutors and Language Classes.
· LanguageExchangeESP: Language Exchange in Spain, Private Language Tutors and Language Classes.
· LanguageExchangeMAD: Language Exchange in Madrid, Private Language Tutors and Language Classes.
· Languages Home: Words and phrases in 20 Indian languages.
· Languages Online: Free language directory with resources for 15 world languages. Includes tutorials, free language courses, and help with grammar.
· Latin Language: Online Latin language resources.
· Learming Spanish: Series of Spanish lessons focusing mostly on vocabulary. It uses many photos to illustrate each vocabulary word.
· Learn 100 Languages: This page contains a list of topics about languages including dictionaries, translation, language acquisition, phonetics with audio files and much more in most of the popular languages, from Afrikaans to Zulu.
· Learn and practice Russian online: This site features online English-Russian dictionary, transliteration tool, phrasebook and some learning materials. Its main features are online language games including many crossword puzzles, hangman, quizzes and memory game. This site is completely free and requires no registration.
· Learn Chinese: Free Chinese lessons online.
· Learn Chinese: Free Mandarin Chinese Lessons. Each of the 15 units contain easy to understand dialogues, usage notes and a practice page.
· Learn Chinese in China: LTL Mandarin school offers Intensive and Full Immersion Chinese courses in Beijing, Shanghai and Chengde. They are a registered HSK test center for those wishing to gain a Chinese language qualification and also specialize in local Chinese homestays to ensure you truly experience China as well as the language.
· Learn Chinese Online: Chinese podcasts, Learn Chinese, Speak Chinese, Mp3 Downloads, Mandarin Lessons, Chinese culture and travel in China, Survival Chinese Lessons
· Learn Chinese Website: Learn Chinese Website will provides some methods and skills to people who learn Chinese. Hope the website can help you to overcome the difficulties to study the Chinese language and Chinese characters.
· Learn Croatian: Learn Croatian is a website dedicated to the free grasping of basic Croatian with the help of several dictionaries and phrasebooks aided by sound recordings from native speakers, as well as basic grammar lessons in order for you to be able to communicate with the locals on your next trip to Croatia!
· Learn Dutch: Extensite web site for learning Dutch.
· Learn French: Free online French tutorial with lessons on grammar, regular verbs, irregular verbs, and vocabulary words. Also includes a French learner's dictionary.
· Learn French online with free courses: The website includes 24 free French lessons with audio. It also features other resources such as a two-way dictionary, flashcards and 'song of the week'.
· Learn french with LEXIQUE FLE: Learn and study French online for free - All the french courses with sounds could be downloded (PC / MAC)
· Learn German for free online!: Deutsch-lernen.com offers German language lessons, level tests, German language jokes, quotations, job application resources and free international language penpals.
· Learn Hebrew Phrases with Audio: The free site incorporates 54 topics with 1,200 Hebrew phrases and sentences. The Hebrew phrases are presented as images with nikud [vowels]. There are English translations and transliterations. The high quality audio was created in a sound studio. The site includes 155 Hebrew study sheets for learning offline.
· Learn Hebrew Verbs: A free, on-line, educational resource containing 300 Hebrew verbs conjugated in all tenses (past, present, future, imperative). The site menu provides selection by one tense or all tenses; gender or both genders; singular and/or plural. For your convenience, you can choose a Hebrew or English menu to navigate the site. The site is unique because you do not need Hebrew fonts to display the Hebrew words. All words (including the nikud - vowels) are displayed using graphics. There are over 10,000 graphic images in the system.
· Learn Hebrew with Pictures and Audio: Learn Hebrew with Pictures and Audio is a free, online, educational resource to learn Hebrew words in a fun way. The site has 425 words and photographs ranging from fruit and vegetables to household items. Each Hebrew word is presented as an image with nikud [vowels]. There is an English transliteration and translation for each word and the Hebrew audio track provides you with the correct pronunciation of each word.
· Learn Indian Languages, Hindi and Marathi: Learn Indian Languages, Hindi and Marathi. You can click on each letter to hear it's sound.
· Learn Italian for free: LearnItaliano.Net: a full and completely free web course to learn Italian language and to know more about Italy.
· Learn Japanese: Learn Japanese with FREE Daily Podcasts
· Learn Japanese Adventure: One personal experiences on how to learn Japanese language. Learn how to speak and write Japanese online with free lessons. Increase your Japanese words, phrases and vocabulary.
· Learn Japanese Through Anime: A free website designed to help people learn Japanese by watching anime! Tons of video lessons, blog posts and more!
· Learn Spanish: Free basic Spanish lessons, vocabulary lists, verb conjugations, and a blog.
· Learn Spanish for free with VeinteMundos: is a free online Spanish magazine that is geared towards Spanish-learners who already have a certain level of proficiency and want to improve or maintain their skills. It's got a smart design and interface, with helpful vocabulary and hints. Each article is accompanied by an integrated audio version, so you can read along as you listen to how it should sound, and it's totally free!
· Learn Spanish, French, German: Free online vocabulary builder and verb tutor with visuals and audio pronunciation samples.
· Learn Thai language online: Free Thai language learning aids. The site includes hundreds of flashcards, quizzes and exercises and over 3500 audio files. Useful for Thai language learners of all levels.
· Learn Verbs Online: Online verb conjugation trainer for Spanish, English, French, German, Portuguese and Italian verbs.
· Learning Catalan: Basic introduction to the Catalan language.
· Learning Chinese: Chinese lessons that tries to teach the language through short dialogues.
· Learning French: Free French lessons teaching you basic vocabulary and some grammar.
· Learning German: Free German lessons teaching you simple vocabulary and some grammar.
· Learning German Language: The website is rather new; currently it has more than 50 German lessons divided into pronunciation lessons (along with audio examples), vocabulary lessons, and grammar lessons (along with exercises & grammar tables). In addition to some other features.
· Learning Greek: Useful site for learning Greek. Greek is a hard and unique language, and these lessons will help you learn Greek fast.
· Learning Korean: Korean lessons that teaches sentence structure and honorifics. In later lessons there are short dialogues of many different scenarios.
· Learning Portuguese: Detailed explanations of Portuguese grammar, pronunciation, and vocabulary
· Learning Portuguese Online: Free Portuguese lessons online.
· Learning Russian: Written by a native Russian, these lessons teach you the Russian language in a very practical way. There are short exercises at the end of certain lessons.
· Lebanese Language Center: Introduction to Lebanese Language. Grammar and pronunciation, read-and-write the language of Lebanon. Dictionary and Lebanese songs. The Aramaic and Arabic in the Lebanese Language.
· Lingu@net Europa: Lingu@net Europa is a multilingual, on-line resource centre for foreign language learning. It provides information about, and links to good on-line resources from around the world relating to the learning and teaching of any modern foreign language. You can access the whole site in: Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish. The project is currently receiving financial support from the European Commission, Socrates Programme (Lingua 2 action) to help it.
· Linguaholic: Linguaholic.com is a language learning plattform/forum. The main purpose of the forum is to exchange views/methods/tacticts for language learning and providing help for specific language-related issues. It currently has subforums for the following language: English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish and Chinese. Many more to come.
· Linguamongolia - Classical Mongolian tutorials/grammar/translation: An online resource for Classical Mongolian - Writing/Grammar/Translation
· Majstro: On-line multilingual translation dictionary
· Manisa Turkish: How to learn Turkish with explanations for English Speakers. Sounds of Turkish, Street Turkish and advice for visiting Turkey. The Turkish Language explained for English speakers. Containing a few exercises and sound files for pronunciation examples. This website does not pretend to be a course in Turkish, but rather it explains and answers some of the difficulties that the learner of Turkish may encounter along their learning curve.
· Mas Arriba: An introductory Spanish workbook to accompany the Brief Edition of 'Arriba' but the exercise material is easily adapted to any approach - language points are highly contextualized within full-colour drawings.
· Medical Spanish for Healthcare Providers: It is a free tutorial including recorded dialogues. It is healthcare oriented, yet I would say helpful for anyone learning the language.
· Mila Yomit - The Hebrew Word of the Day: Mila Yomit is an attempt to enrich the vocabulary of the Hebrew language by harnessing the internet as a means both to encouraging the formation of new Hebrew words and to circulating higher-register words and neologisms among the general public. As a bilingual website, with content in Hebrew and English, it also endeavors to generate broad interest in the world of linguistics. Topics examined include language and the media, language and politics, semantic drift, loanwords, diction, phonology, historical linguistics, and lexicography.
· Multilingual Families in the UK: Multilingual Family is a website to help multilingual families in the UK to meet up and to make the most of being multilingual. It includes an online forum for finding and communicating with families in the same geographical area, as well as resources that are categorised by language.
· National Foreign Language Resource Center: Research and materials development projects, summer institutes for language professionals, and a wide variety of publications. Emphasis on less commonly taught languages.
· Norsk Experiment: Experiment in learning foreign languages. The author is learning Norwegian without dictionaries and without using other languages. All his learning process is done in Norwegian. He is looking for effective methods for learning foreign languages.
· Oahpa!: Interactive online course in North Sámi (North Lappish), including games training morphology (all major POS), lexicon, numerals (several Sámi lgs), QA and dialogues, with grammar-induced feedback. Several languages of instruction (Norwegian, Finnish, English, Sámi)
· Oberoi at Geocities: A list of helpful sites for students of German, Spanish, French, Italian, and English.
· On-line Interactive Reference Grammar of Russian: An on-line reference grammar of Russian with animated word-formation and self-testing.
· Online Language Exchange: Find a partner at the online community and practice your second language (any language) with a native speaker who is learning your language via email, text chat or voice chat. We host your online practice with guidelines and lesson plans.
· Online Talking Dictionary - English Spanish Portuguese German French Italian Russian Turkish Dutch Greek Chinese Japanese Korean: Dictionarist provides translations in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Italian, Russian, Turkish, Dutch, Greek, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
· Open language exchange: A site to find a language exchange partner. Openlanguageexchange is aimed at all language learners, from absolute beginners to advanced speakers, from people starting from scratch, to people wanting to improve their level and unable to find other opportunities to practise.
· OuterSpanish - Learn Spanish Free Online: Free Spanish learning resource with grammar lessons, useful vocabulary and phrases with audio, listening comprehension drills, and practice exams.
· Parleremo - Where Languages Live: Parleremo is a virtual town that teaches languages. It has a community that helps others using forums, irc and voice chats, journals and member feedback. Media like radio, TV, videos, newspapers, vocabulary along with interactive games and exercises also aid in learning.
· Phrasebase: Phrasebase is a language learning resource community with the internets largest database of common words and phrases translated into over 90 languages.
· Pimsleur Approach : Language and the Brain: This resource illuminates how learning a second language, like Spanish or German, can actually help boost brain function and can potentially reduce the chances of developing Alzheimer's as we age.
· Populearn: A Great Way to Learn German: Populearn is an easy and effective way to learn German. The course is interactive, so you can see your results in real time. Learn to speak, read, listen, and understand in one go! Try it out today.
· Portuguese Language: Portuguese Language schools, grammar, words and other resources.
· Pukka German Podcast: Free podcast that focuses on teaching informal conversational German including colloquialisms, idioms and slang.
· Punjabi Resource in Shahmukhi Script: You might be interested in a suite of Punjabi resources containing morphology, corpus and a lexicon. The script we use for these resources is Shahmukhi.
· Resource Center for Teachers of Russian: Resources for teachers of Russian as a foreign language: activities, lesson plans, games, etc.
· Russian - English Vocabulary.: 2000 Most Common Words in Russian Language with frequency of use. Lists and exercises on Verbs, Nouns, Adjectives, Adverbs, Cardinal/Ordinal Numbers, Pronouns, Preposition.
· Russian Reference Grammar: An interactive on-line reference grammar on Russian verbs, pronouns, prepositions, conjunctions and more, as well as language learning support.
· Russian Video Blog: I'm the author of a blog where I have lots of free videos I shot, teaching beginners Russian language. I use a cool memory device to help students, and I start with the 30 most useful words. Also, I shoot all the videos here in Sevastopol, Ukraine, on the backdrop of the Black Sea (to make them more visually appealing.) I also have videos where I teach how to read Russian using a technique called contextual learning.
· School of Language: Worldwide language schools directory. Find a School of Language around the world.
· Sign Language Tests: This website gives an overview on different sign language tests and assessment instruments and provides information on sign language test development and testing.
· Site Colette Noyau Acquisition du langage et des langues: Researcher's personal website on first and second language acquisition and bilingual acquisition and use of language. Includes: Bibliography, Conferences, Projects, Teaching, with PDF texts to download, Useful links.
· Sobre Buenos Aires Argentina: Bem-vindo ao nosso Guia de Viagem sobre Buenos Aires - Argentina, América Latina, a cidade das cidades que tem de tudo: arte, cultura, história e beleza unidas. ******************************************************************************* Welcome to our Travel Guide about Buenos Aires - Argentina, Latin America, the city of cities that has everything: art, culture, history and beauty together.
· SpaniCity: Learn Spanish online - sounds, grammar, reference material, quizzes and a list of Spanish teachers around the world
· Spanish Language: Spanish Language schools, dictionary and more.
· Spanish Language: Learn the Spanish Language in South America!, Our experienced teachers utilize the most innovative pedagogies and emphasize interactive learning, a proven methodology for foreign language learning.
· Spanish NewsBites: Spanish NewsBites is a free online Spanish learners' website featuring regularly updated Spanish-language news stories from Spain and Latin America, with mouse rollover vocabulary and grammar in English. The site also features audio, exercises and interesting links.
· Spanish Online: Learn Spanish Online
· Spanish Online: Spanish online is a website with free spanish lessons. Here you can find a lot of materials for easy learning: spanish podcasts, spanish exercises, useful phrases. Also you can study spanish with a native speaker.
· Spanish online course: Spanish online course with lessons, interactive exercises, audios, forum, etc.
· Spanish Playground: This blog is a collection of resources for teachers of Spanish to children. It consists of authentic language materials including songs, videos, and book recommendations. It also includes strategies for using the materials.
· Spanish Tests: Online vocabulary and grammar tests for Spanish learners.
· Spanish Verb Drills - Do it Yourself Spanish: The Spanish verb form tool offers an almost unlimited number of exercises from which users can select the verb forms (number, person, tense and mood) they most need to practice, and they can complete as many exercises as they need in order to thoroughly learn verb forms. It remembers every exercise a user has completed, and uses spaced repetition to zero in on verbs forms that users most need to review.
· Speak Spanish Fluently: Learn to speak Spanish fluently to a conversational level using fun, non-boring methods to make language learning fun!
· Sprachprofi Site: Information for learning a hundred languages online and for free, including links to courses, writing tutorials, grammars, online dictionaries, pronunciation guides, pages with common phrases, online texts, etc.
· The Alef-Bet Page - The Hebrew Alphabet: The Alef-Bet Page has online and printable Hebrew alphabet charts which include the Hebrew letters in three formats: block, script, and Rashi. The charts also have the numeric value of each letter.
· The French Podcast: Natural French conversations with full transcripts available.
· The Mixxer, language exchanges online: The Mixxer is a free educational site for language learners and teachers to find a language partner for a language exchange. The language partner is someone who speaks the language you study as their native language and is studying your native language. The partners then meet online to help each other practice and learn a foreign language.
· The Spanish Listening Blog: The Spanish Listening Blog is an excellent website for Free Learning Spanish with so many audio resources that contribute to your education.
· Turkish Language Class: Turkish language lessons including vocabulary and grammar, with vocabulary tests to check your progress. There are also pictures and videos of Turkey, Turkish chat and discussion forums, and translated poems from Turkish poets.
· UniLang Language Community: The UniLang Language Community presents a place on the internet where people can learn languages together, entirely for free and online. We have a lot of languages resources such as free languages courses, grammar references, pronunciation guides and vocabulary lists. Moreover, we also have a language chat for practising, a language forum for discussion and a huge collection of links to other language sites!
· VisualMandarin: Learn Chinese Online with free videos, podcasts, interactive exercises and 1 to 1 tuition!
· Writing by Means of Drawing: This pedagogical article is meant for the primary as well as primary Bengali school-teachers, who are introducing Bangla alphabets to the children below six years. The strategy adopted here for introducing target language graphemes to the Bengali children is altogether different from the usual cultural practice of introducing Bangla alphabet with sequential Sanskrit phonetic order of things that creates ambiguities and confusion in the mind of learning-subjects as there is no strict one-to-one correspondences between Bangla speech sounds and traditional graphemes. There may be one-many or many - one or zero – one (or vice versa) correspondences. Therefore, altogether different approach is being taken to teach language art by introducing art samples already available in the Bengali culture. The simple contours of Alpana ('ritual painting in the floor of the house' mainly practiced by Bengali women at the time of religious festival; the term denotes 'to coat with’. The idea of using Alpana in the context of learning is taken from the understanding of Satyajit Ray’s Bangla calligraphy.) is introduced after teaching straight lines, adjoining straight lines with dots, triangle, rectangle and circle respectively. All the shapes are formed either by the way of drawing or by using clay. These basic shapes are gradually metamorphosed into the graphemic shapes, which is a strange and a new experience to the child learner, on the basis of their homogeneity, e.g., sounds like b, r, k, dh, jh etc. with their atomic triangular shapes or o, t, ou, oi with the basic circular shapes are put together with the contours of 'alpana' for executing learning process. Along with this artistic learning, songs containing the sounds related to graphemes are sung with few musical instruments. Later on stories are told and performed as a play (both teachers and students participate in the extempore dramas and relevant musicking) with a view to write stories in the latter stage of learning Thus the whole process has become a joyful bi-way 'learning' process rather than that of one way 'teaching'. In all the cases, the learning process, apart from its context-specific lingua-aesthetic content, depends on the prior knowledge of the linguistic features of Bangla language. By anticipating phonetic features, phonological rules and child language acquisition theory, the whole (open) text was build up with the help of a Bengali child-learner. He started drawing when he was 3 years old and he finished learning graphemes within one and a half years. In case of above six-year old illiterate learners, it took 20 to 25 days to learn almost all the Bangla graphemes along with few allographs, if s/he is taught in this way.) The redundant and opaque clustered graphemes are avoided in this phono-centric lingua-aesthetic direct learning process. Keywords: alpana, grapheme, language art, lingua-aesthetics, learning process, un-/de-schooling
· Yes Italian: Series of Italian lessons teaching you the language using short dialogues and excercises.
· Yes Japanese: Free Japanese lessons written by a college student.
· Yorupedia: Yorupedia is a newly developed website with emphasis on the Yoruba people of South West of Nigeria. The website is an outcome of several years of research on the people, language, culture and the history of Yoruba. Unlike other websites, Yorupedia is an encyclopedia or rather a-one-stop-site, which provides an all-inclusive information on several aspects of the Yoruba people. More important, it is a multi-audience website for: students of language, academic community, cultural anthropologists, historians, musicologists, linguists, and the young ones who have passion for languages; and probably those who are planning to learn a new language and to explore into a new culture. Above all, the site is designed to enhance every visitor’s knowledge/understanding about the Yoruba and its language, which has served (for many centuries) as a channel of communication, vehicle for cultural preservation and transmission.