|Title:||Speak Everywhere: An Online Service for Linguists|
|Description:||The Center for Technology-Enhanced Language Learning at Purdue University
is pleased to announce the availability of Speak Everywhere, an online
speaking practice/assessment platform.
This service may be of interest to the following groups of people.
- Language Instructors can use the service in their courses to dramatically
increase speaking practice opportunities for their students. It can be used
to deliver oral tests as well.
- Language Laboratory Directors can use the system to provide an oral
practice/assessment platform for language instructors.
- Second Language Acquisition Researchers working on oral language
development can use the service to collect oral data: e.g. an interlanguage
pragmatics researcher can use a video clip as a cue to elicit an oral response.
- Corpus Linguists can use the service to collect large amounts of oral
productions to compile spoken language corpora.
- Language Textbook Authors/Publishers can use the service to create a
'speaking program' (as opposed to an audio program) to accompany their
textbooks. Pronunciation and phonetics textbooks should benefit greatly
For inquiries, email Dr. Atsushi Fukada (firstname.lastname@example.org) or use the
Inquiry/Support link of the above-mentioned website.
I will be giving a one-hour presentation on the system on Sunday, November
20 at this year's ACTFL conference in Denver.