|Title:||i2Speak: Smart IPA Keyboard|
We would like to inform you that we have just released i2Speak, an online
Smart IPA Keyboard that lets you quickly type IPA phonetics without the
need to memorize any symbol code.
For every Roman character you type, a popup menu displays a group of
phonetic symbols that share the same sound or shape beneath typed character.
Use arrow keys to select the proper symbol then hit the Enter button.
I2Speak also supports the following features:
1. The Sampa English Keyboard lets you type English phonetics using Roman
characters according to SAMPA (Speech Assessment Methods Phonetic Alphabet)
2. The IPA English Keyboard provides you with a full English
phonetics keyboard. Press the symbol of interest using a suitable input device.
3. You can type directly on your physical keyboard or on the virtual
on-screen keyboard using a suitable input device such as mouse or touch
4. You can change the keyboard symbols by selecting another layout from the
list box located above the virtual keyboard.
5. For every keyboard layout, more symbols can be displayed by
pressing the CAPS Lock.
6. When you hover the mouse over an English phonetic button, a slick
tooltip will show some example English words.
7. You can save typed phonetics as an MS-Word file by clicking the Save
button, copy them to clipboard using the Copy button, or post them to
Twitter, Facebook, etc by clicking the desired button.
You can test the tool here:
i2Speak is a product by sciweavers.org, an academic network for scientist
Your feedback and/or feature requests are really appreciated.