Summer School Announcement: Summer School of Russian Language and Culture
|Host Institution:||Kursk State University|
|Coordinating Institution:||Kursk State University|
|Dates:||1-Jul-2014 to 27-Jul-2014|
|Location:||Kursk , Russia|
|Focus:||The grammar of the Russian language, literature and cultural studies.|
|Minimum Education Level:||Undergraduate|
|Full Summer School Description:||The language part of the Summer School includes:
- Russian Grammar (analysis of the system as well as practical exercises);
- Speaking practice.
The part “Country Studies” involves the overview of landmarks of Russian history, arts and culture and their interplay with the phenomena of modern Russian Language.
Students are placed in small groups (up to 8-10 peoples) by their level of language proficiency according to the results of a placement test taken on the first program day.
Classes are taught by highly qualified native-speaker instructors, who have been certified to teach Russian as a foreign language by Pushkin State Russian Language Institute (Moscow) and Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (Moscow). All instructors have an extensive experience of teaching Russian as a foreign language.
Teaching in English is available.
The program includes various excursions and field trips to sites of historical and cultural interest in Kursk and its environs.
|Linguistic Subfield:||General Linguistics|
|Tuition Explanation:||The course fee includes tuition, accommodation, a limited number of group excursions and field trips, Moscow–Kursk and Kursk–Moscow bus transfer upon arrival and before departure.|
|Registration Dates:||27-Jan-2014 to 1-Jun-2014|
|Contact person information:||
Phone:+7 (4712) 56-14-39
Fax:+7 (4712) 56-14-39
|Apply by email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Registration Instructions:||Please send an application email to the address email@example.com (Dr. Irina L. Zhirnova, Head of the International Relations Department, Kursk State University) including the following information:
- name and personal data (please attach a scan of the first page of the passport),
- your educational institution (with an official post address),
- year of study/course and the actual Russian language level,
- postal address to which the invitation letter should be sent (for EU citizens this letter is enough for a visa issue; for non-EU citizens the additional invitation letter from the Police Migration Office should be prepared; for this reason, please apply before April 15).
|Summer School and Training Course Registry main page|