Summer School Announcement: CCP Spring Training in Experimental Psycholinguistics (STEP@CCP)
|Host Institution:||University of Alberta|
|Coordinating Institution:||University of Alberta|
|Dates:||4-May-2014 to 8-May-2014|
|Location:||Edmonton , Alberta , Canada|
|Focus:||The Centre for Comparative Psycholinguistics (CCP, University of Alberta Department of Linguistics) organizes a week long Spring Training Workshop in current issues and methods in psycholinguistics in Edmonton, Alberta, May 4-8, 2014. The Spring School is directed at graduate and advanced undergraduate students and anyone else interested in learning how to make their research ideas into concrete steps towards experimental designs, data collection and analysis using advanced experimental and statistical methods.|
|Minimum Education Level:||Undergraduate|
|Additional Qualifications:||The Spring School is directed at graduate and advanced undergraduate students.|
|Full Summer School Description:||The workshop takes a practical hands-on training approach to the following methods and topics:
- EEG Data in R: Formatting, Pre-processing, and Statistical Analysis (Antoine Tremblay, Dalhousie University).
- Figurative Language and Experimental Psycholinguistics: Converging Paradigms and Measures (Herbert Colston, University of Alberta).
- Exploring the Visual World Eye-tracking Paradigm: From Data Collection to Statistical Analysis (Jacolien Van Rij, University of Tübingen, and Juhani Järvikivi, University of Alberta).
- Introduction to Modeling Naive Discriminative Learning (Antti Arppe, University of Alberta).
- Using Speech in Psycholinguistics: From Speech Synthesis to Spoken Word Recognition (Benjamin V. Tucker, University of Alberta).
- The Psycholinguistics of Complex Words in Creative Minds (Gary Libben, Brock University).
|Linguistic Subfield:||Psycholinguistics, Neurolinguistics|
|Tuition Explanation:||Tuition: 150 (CAD) Tuition after April 11: 180 (CAD) The workshop fee includes attendance, workshop materials, tea/coffee, light snacks and lunch (5 days).|
|Registration Dates:||5-Feb-2014 to 11-Apr-2014|
|Contact person information:||
|Apply by email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Registration Instructions:||Registration deadline is April 11, 2014. Registration, though possible after this date or onsite, is subject to a higher fee of 180 (CAD). Please, see the course website for registration details and more information on the course contents.|
|Summer School and Training Course Registry main page|