Guidelines for Announcing Summer Schools and Training Courses
The LINGUIST List does not investigate and cannot take responsibility for the quality of the summer schools or training courses announced on our website.
Please contact the Summer School and Training Course Editor at summerschool linguistlist.org with any questions.
Posting on LINGUIST List
- Summer school and training course announcements are posted to the LINGUIST List mailing list free of charge.
- Once posted, the LINGUIST List issue containing your summer school or training course announcement will be available as a web page on the LINGUIST site. Additionally, your announcement will be entered into our searchable database, which can be accessed by the public through our Browse Summer Schools and Training Courses page.
- LINGUIST List is an electronically published journal and is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress. Like other serial publications, LINGUIST List issues, once posted to our subscribers, cannot be amended, modified, or deleted.
- Because our audience consists of academic linguists, we can only announce summer schools and training courses that are directly relevant to the field of linguistics or for which linguists are particularly qualified.
- Please be sure to check all information for accuracy before you submit your announcement to us.
- Once you have completed your submission, updates can be made by sending an email to summerschool linguistlist.org.
How to Submit an Announcement
- Submit your announcement via our web form.
- The summer school and training course submission process has seven steps; please ensure that you complete all steps in order to add your announcement to our database.
Revising a Summer School or Training Course Announcement
- DO NOT submit corrections via our web form. Please contact our Summer School and Training Course Editor (summerschool linguistlist.org) if you need to make corrections.
- In accordance with our status as a serial publication, the issue of LINGUIST that contains your summer school or training course announcement cannot be altered in any way. However, if you need to amend your announcement, you may submit a follow-up posting.
- You may change the information contained in our searchable database at any time by emailing the Summer School and Training Course Editor at summerschool linguistlist.org
Redistribution of LINGUIST List Summer School and Training Course Announcements
- Sites offering free access may redistribute LINGUIST List summer school and training course announcements, as long as LINGUIST List is properly credited for the information. Harvesting and redistribution by commercial enterprises, for commercial purposes of any kind, is prohibited.
Unsolicited Contact of Summer School and Training Course Submitters
- Distributing unsolicited material to the submitters of LINGUIST List summer school announcements is strongly discouraged. Submitters do not wish to be contacted by any parties other than legitimate applicants.
Back to Summer School and Training Course Index Page