Typology English Linguistics
Department of English/American Studies
The English Department of the Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena invites applications for a PhD position in the area of English linguistics. The position is initially restricted to two years, but renewable.
- All applicants must hold an MA in English Linguistics or an equivalent degree.
- The ideal candidate would have some experience in Corpus Linguistics and a background/interest in Usage-Based Linguistics and/or Linguistic Typology.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position involves:
- work towards a PhD in English Linguistics;
- participation in the department’s research activities;
- a teaching load of one class per semester.
The language of instruction is English.
How to apply:
Candidates are requested to send their application including CV, application letter, and two letters of reference to Simone Bahlmann-Schulze (email: x5basi uni-jena.de).
The position is to be filled on October 1, 2014. Full consideration will be given to applications received by June 27th, 2014; however, later applications will be considered until the position has been filled.
|Application Mailing Address:||Prof Holger Diessel Ernst-Abbe-Platz 8 Jena 07743 Germany|
|Contact Information:||Holger Diessel firstname.lastname@example.org|