NOTE: This posting is the English version of the announcement posted here:
The research group 'General Linguistics' (GL) in the Department of Linguistics at Bielefeld University, Germany, is seeking a PhD candidate to work as a research assistant on a project. GL specializes in the development of methods for cross-linguistic comparison, in particular for testing relevant theoretical questions under consideration of language diversity. GL works on the project 'Focus and thematic role assignment: a comparison of Hungarian and German' ('Fokus und thematische Rollenzuweisung') in cooperation with the research group 'Language and Cognition' at the Department of Linguistics and the Cognitive Interaction Technology Excellence Center. The project is part of the program of emphasis of the German Research Council (DFG) 'XPrag: New Pragmatic Theories.'
We seek applicants for the following position:
1 PhD position
E 13 TV-L (50%)
The position is initially for 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension.
The applicant should have:
- Master's degree in Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Cognitive Science, or a related discipline;
- essential knowledge of Hungarian;
- focus on Semantics, Pragmatics, or Syntax;
- experience with the design of experiments and the analysis of experimental data, especially
Eye Tracking, and an excellent command of English (will be considered a plus).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will be expected to undertake a PhD degree within the context of the project, design, implement, and analyse experiments with Hungarian native speakers in the context of the project. S/he will also be expected to write up the results for publication.
- The candidate will participate in the activities of the research groups 'General Linguistics' and 'Language and Cognition' at Bielefeld University. Some contribution to administration of the project and teaching (max. 2 hours per term week) may be required.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit relevant documents as a single pdf file via e-mail to
Juliana Diner at juliana.diner uni-bielefeld.de
They should include the following:
- curriculum vitae;
- names of two referees;
- an example of written work.
For full consideration please submit your application by June 15, 2014.
A similar position in the same project with specialization in German is available in the research group 'Language and Cognition' at Bielefeld University.
For further information, please contact
Pia Knoeferle at knoeferl cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. We particularly welcome applications from women. Given equal suitability, qualifications and professional achievement, women will be given preference unless particular circumstances pertaining to a male applicant predominate.
|Application Mailing Address:||Ms Juliana Diner Universität Bielefeld Fakultät für Linguistik und Literaturwissenschaft Postfach 10 01 31 Bielefeld 33501 Germany|
|Contact Information:||Ms Juliana Diner email@example.com|