The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Labex Empirical Foundations of Linguistics
The Labex Empirical Foundations of Linguistics (EFL), at Sorbonne University, France, invites applications
for 1 PhD position in Developmental Psychology/Linguistics within the framework of the Labex Empirical Foundations of Linguistics, Paris.
The objective of the research project is to study early speech perception and in particular, the link between Phonological and Lexical Acquisition in term and preterm infants. The research will be conducted at the "Laboratoire Psychologie de la Perception" (LPP) under the supervision of Dr. Thierry Nazzi, in collaboration with the hospital Robert Debré, Paris (Hôpital universitaire Robert-Debré: http://robertdebre.aphp.fr).
The research will follow-up on previous studies by the PI on early speech perception and word learning (Havy & Nazzi, 2009; Goyet, Nishibayashi & Nazzi, 2013) and acquisition in preterm infants (Gonzalez Gomez & Nazzi, 2012).
The position is available for 36 months starting September 2014. Salary will be in accordance with the French PhD regulations (“contrat doctoral”).
Candidates should possess:
- background in Psychology, Linguistics, Cognitive Science, or related fields;
- excellent communication skills;
- commitment to interdisciplinary research;
- strong background in Developmental Psychology or in Psycholinguistics;
- previous experience in collecting and analyzing developmental data is desirable.
The working languages are French and English. Applicants from outside France are encouraged to apply, but basic knowledge of French is required in order to be able to conduct the experimental work.
How to apply:
Please send your application via email to Thierry Nazzi at thierry.nazzi parisdescartes.fr
by June 17th 2014. All applications must include the following:
- a Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- documents indicating the courses taken and grades obtained during BA and MA/MSc;
- a letter of motivation clearly indicating why they believe themselves to be suitable for the position;
- two academic references, sent separately to the same email address by June 17th 2014.
Interviews will be done with preselected candidates. Decision will occur in the following weeks.
For further information please visit website:
and the speech perception group website:
|Application Mailing Address:||Dr. Thierry Nazzi 45 rue des Saints Pères Paris 75006 France|
|Contact Information:||Dr. Jacqueline Vaissière Jacqueline.firstname.lastname@example.org|