The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Frequently Asked Questions and Popular Resources
This page provides links to some of our most popular topics and questions, along with some of our most recommended online resources. Before submitting a question, please have a look to see if yours has already been answered.
- African American Vernacular English (AAVE or Ebonics)
- Bilingual and Multilingual Children: Two Perspectives
- Child Language Acquisition
- Linguistics as a Career
- Oldest Language
- The Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis
Careers in Linguistics:
Academic Programs and Student Resources:
- LINGUIST List Student Portal
- Why Major in Linguistics?
- ASHA Academic Programs Site
- LINGUIST List Programs Area
- LSA Directory of Programs
- Linguistic Society of America's Frequently Asked Questions
- Language Resources on LINGUIST List
- Linguistics Glossary