The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||Summer School in Cognitive Linguistics|
|Location:||Bangor, North Wales, United Kingdom|
|Start Date:||22-Jul-2013 - 26-Jul-2013|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||The Summer School in Cognitive Linguistics is a one-week international programme held at Bangor University in July 2013. The Summer School will consist of 16 courses on topics in cognitive linguistics and will be taught by leading researchers in the field. Our teaching faculty will be drawn from across the cognitive sciences and include local instructors as well as distinguished researchers from outside Bangor.
The Summer School will also feature keynote speeches by Gilles Fauconnier, Adele Goldberg, and Vyvyan Evans, and a poster session during which participants can present their work and obtain feedback.
- Benjamin Bergen (University of California, San Diego)
- Silke Brandt (Lancaster University)
- Daniel Casasanto (New School for Social Research, New York)
- Alan J. Cienki (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Ewa Dabrowska (Northumbria University)
- Christopher Hart (Northumbria University)
- Willem Hollmann (Lancaster University)
- June Luchjenbroers (Bangor University)
- Laura Michaelis (University of Colorado, Boulder)
- Aliyah Morgenstern (Université Paris III - Sorbonne Nouvelle)
- Patrick Rebuschat (Bangor University)
- Gabriella Rundblad (King's College London)
- Christopher Shank (Bangor University)
- Luc Steels (Vrije Universiteit Brussels)
- Thora Tenbrink (Bangor University)
- Alan Wallington (Bangor University)
This event provides a unique opportunity for students and researchers to get a snapshot of the exciting work done in cognitive linguistics and to discuss their research. It is also a wonderful opportunity to visit North Wales and to enjoy some of the most beautiful landscapes and historical sites in the United Kingdom.
Registration opens in October 2012 and closes in June 2013. Early-bird rates are available for participants who register by April 15, 2013.
- Early-bird fee with accommodation: £475*
- Early-bird fee without accommodation: £375
*includes transfer to/from Manchester airport
For more information, please consult the Summer School website:
or email the School Director, Dr. Patrick Rebuschat:
|Linguistic Subfield:||Cognitive Science; General Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|