|Full Title:||Breakthrough Greek|
|Location:||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Start Date:||01-Jun-2013 - 02-Jun-2013|
|Contact:||Dr Maria Mertzani|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
We are pleased to announce the International Symposium ‘βreαkthrough Grεεk’ on the teaching and learning of Greek, organised by Dr. Maria Mertzani, Director of GreekForYou Ltd, Bristol - U.K.
The symposium intends to approach the teaching and learning of Greek from multidisciplinary perspectives, by bridging old and current teaching/learning practices in the Greek classroom. Greek is viewed holistically, without separating ancient from modern Greek, thus we welcome contributions that will highlight the continuity of Greek and its teaching practices throughout time.
‘βreαkthrough Grεεk’ breaks time barriers, marries the ancient with the modern (and vice versa), and brings into a single, cross-disciplinary gathering, internationally acclaimed scholars. This is an open call for scholars, educators, practitioners and students who research, study, and teach Greek!
The question that will lead our discussion is the following: How can recent research and practice inform the Greek language classroom?
The symposium is intended for:
- Scholars in researching and studying the teaching and learning of Greek (classical and modern)
- Experienced teachers in Greek (classical and modern)
- Educators/practitioners in Greek (e.g. teachers, trainers, etc.) with/without experience in teaching Greek
- Any educator/practitioner who believes that his/her sensibility and training in issues of intercultural education are an everyday demand in his/her work
- Students who study and learn Greek
We aim to link research with the Greek classroom and explore ways to increase interaction between the two and to provide practical information, useful to all educators, who are involved in the teaching and learning of Greek (classical and modern).
|Linguistic Subfield:||Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics|
|Subject Language:||Greek, Ancient; Greek, Modern|
|Calls and Conferences main page|