|Full Title:||3rd North East Texas Humor Research Conference|
|Location:||Dallas, TX, USA|
|Start Date:||22-Feb-2013 - 24-Feb-2013|
|Contact:||Christian F. Hempelmann|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
3rd North East Texas Humor Research Conference (NETHRC) 2013
Humor in the Professions, Psychology, Pedagogy: Intercultural Perspectives
February 22-24, 2013 | Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
The Division of Communication Studies
SMU Meadows Schools of the Arts
The College of Humanities, Social Sciences & Arts
The 3rd North East Texas Humor Research Conference 2013 invites submissions for a multidisciplinary 3-day conference in Dallas, TX. The conference theme is ‘Humor in the Professions, Psychology, Pedagogy: Intercultural Perspectives.’ NETHRC 2013 will include an opening plenary roundtable and reception, paper sessions, panels, posters, and workshops.
$40 preregistration by January 22, 2013 ($50 on site)
$20 for students (please provide proof of student status)
Conference fee includes conference refreshments, Friday night reception, Saturday lunch, and Saturday dinner for students.
Address for Preregistration Checks:
College of Humanities, Social Sciences & Arts
P.O. Box 3011
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Commerce, TX 75429-3011
Holiday Inn Dallas Central - Park Cities
6070 North Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
- $95/night if booked by February 8, 2013
- Group reservation code: Humor Conference
- Booking link: http://ichotelsgroup.com/redirect?path=rates&brandCode=HI&GPC=HUM&hotelCode=DFWHI&_PMID=99801505
- 0.8 mi from campus
- Hotel offers breakfast and a shuttle to the SMU campus.
- If you’re a student interested in sharing a room, please email: CHSSA@tamuc.edu.
- Closer and more expensive rooms are available at the Lumen: http://www.hotellumen.com/
Umphrey Lee Center, 3300 Dyer Street, SMU campus
|Linguistic Subfield:||General Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|